5 Major cities without power

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:I think the power should go out for a week... Any one (minus people with medical problems) that die, don't deserve to live anyways. Power is nice... But when people brag "I lived though 24 hrs of no power (which btw you didn't) it makes me realize just how bad the state of this Country is in... If every single person was forced to go camping for a week.... in a tent... I don't think half would make it before they ended up having to leave because they couldn't manage to cook their food. or even worse couldn't figure out how to light a camp fire (go ahead and give them food/water/flashlights/shelter/lighters (ie camping supplies)).

Yes I know a lot of people that say "I made it through 24 hrs or power" are not really in that bad of shape, but their are a lot more that really are in that bad of shape.
I'd agree to those statement. We take electricity for granted. Just thik.. back not even 150 years ago.. they didnt have it. People had to use Oil lamps, cook on fire.. (there were no microwaves).. heat their water in a pot over a fire (there were no hot water heaters).. not even Computers! What would you all do if you didnt have a computer?!
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
PhaseDMA wrote:I think the power should go out for a week... Any one (minus people with medical problems) that die, don't deserve to live anyways. Power is nice... But when people brag "I lived though 24 hrs of no power (which btw you didn't) it makes me realize just how bad the state of this Country is in... If every single person was forced to go camping for a week.... in a tent... I don't think half would make it before they ended up having to leave because they couldn't manage to cook their food. or even worse couldn't figure out how to light a camp fire (go ahead and give them food/water/flashlights/shelter/lighters (ie camping supplies)).

Yes I know a lot of people that say "I made it through 24 hrs or power" are not really in that bad of shape, but their are a lot more that really are in that bad of shape.
I'd agree to those statement. We take electricity for granted. Just thik.. back not even 150 years ago.. they didnt have it. People had to use Oil lamps, cook on fire.. (there were no microwaves).. heat their water in a pot over a fire (there were no hot water heaters).. not even Computers! What would you all do if you didnt have a computer?!
I already know it would be a nightmare for me. I just went since last Sunday without my computer in the apartment. Mine died on me that night. So, what did I do? I went home that night and ordered parts. Two other times I went to my parents house and used it for various things. Why? Because I couldn't stand not being on the computer and talking with a few people. Oh, and did I forget to mention I drove an hour one way just to be on it? Yeah, pretty pathetic.

I am willing to take that challenge though. I do think it would be fun.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

What really sad is I had to go with out any really modem convencice for a little more than a week this summer. It started to really get to me not have access to a the internet. I can stand to be with out power as long as I can still jack into the net with my laptop. Sad isnt we become so depended on electoral power. but 2 summers ago i went backpacking for a week with no moden electical stuff, They even took my watch. It was a lot of fun.... You know I think I could do you chanagel as long as I have some good friends to do it with
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Ya... We got a cabin... IMO it's the worst thing that ever happened... All of a sudden we don't camp any more (we go to the cabin instead), and we are just getting more and more stuff in the cabin all the time, from a stove (which isnt THAT bad) to a fridge, and now Craig has bought a generator... Darn thing is top of the line too... Power 3 of our cabins I'm sure :( (At least the noise drives him nuts, so I don't have to worry too much until he decides to buy the solar system (yes really)).

I guess as you get older the age really does get to you... 5 years ago he would have never bought the cabin...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ