DeadAIM becoming part of AIM 6.0 ?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

DeadAIM becoming part of AIM 6.0 ?

Post by Axilla »

www.netlooks.org

Steve from DeadAIM told me online... "A statement will be released today."
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

No Flippin WAY!! That's gota be a hoax article. AIM+ is tons better than DeadAIM.
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

well i never posted it before because i was too scared something bad might happen to me...but i guess i was right, someone associated with either deadaim or aim IS the reason aim+ 3 never came out...guess they had this in the works for a while and here it is now that they have aim+ 3+ under control...oh well, i guess AIM- will have to lay the smack down soon :D
Doom

Post by Doom »

I don't understand. Couldn't AOL just add the features without having to pay JDennis for the features? Or is AOL to lazy to program these features? They could always hire people to add these features without having to pay JDennis. AOL makes multi billions. You'd think they would just hire people to implant them or already have programmers that could implant them.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:No Flippin WAY!! That's gota be a hoax article. AIM+ is tons better than DeadAIM.
AIM+ is dead...If I were AOL, I'd rather pick up a program that is in development, not a program that has been dead for a year, all that is better about AIM+ is logging, and I'm sure AOL can improve on that, they had logging in AIM 4.4
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I feel sorry for all the people who paid for the program I do not think AIM will give them free updates and I do not think ad blocking will still be in there and that if it true
Last edited by Timelessblur on Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
SteveH5

Post by SteveH5 »

We have released our statement. http://www.jdennis.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3491

And might I add, Mwahahahahahaaha
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

here something that Jim from deadAIM just posted. Turth be told I am very curiuse how all this will pan out. Same thing from the statement. If they loose the de-ading everyone can drop back to aim 4.8 or just keep using the 5.x verson of AIM with DeadAIM. 5.x.
Jim wrote:DeadAIM users,

Due to information that has been disclosed prematurely, it is necessary for JDennis.net to issue this statement and address recent issues regarding AOL.

AOL recognises the value that DeadAIM adds to AOL Instant Messenger and recently contacted JDennis.net to discuss how we could work together. Based on those discussions, DeadAIM and AOL have entered into a relationship and have agreed to work together on future projects.

What does that mean to you as a DeadAIM user? Well, at the moment it doesn't mean much at all. What it does mean is that DeadAIM users can feel secure in the knowledge that AOL has no intention of mounting legal action against JDennis.net and that DeadAIM will not be sued out of existence. We hope that working closely with AOL will improve the credibility of JDennis.net Ltd while continuing to provide a top quality instant messaging experience for AIM users.

We are sure that many of you have questions but please understand that many of the details are as yet undecided and it is premature to share specifics at this time.

Thanks again for supporting DeadAIM!
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

If AOL doesn't offer a version without crappy code built into it (oh wait, AIM has crappy code as it is :wink: ), I'm gonna flip a shit. :x

Odds you have to pay for a version of AIM like that? 100% definate.

I hope Mark and Ryan are reading this and planning to not get stepped all over. Maybe it's time to stand up for themselves.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

In a intresting twist a lot of the "prestigious" at the JDennis forums seem quite pissed (to put it lightly), and have stated they would not continue to use DeadAIM as their AIM add-on of choice.

Some have even stated they would rather fall back onto 4.8 and use AIM+...

I'm not saying this was a bad choice for JDennis in the long term, but this really isnt something you throw on your customer base... First a fee for the program (after people had been using a free version of that exact version for a while...) Then a new version, with a new price system, and now the ?buy out? of JDennis?

Just another reason why AIM+ remains a huge competitor in the AIM add-on field even almost after a year of no production.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Looks like JDennis sold out.

Who here hates sell-outs besides me?
aaii
Addict
Addict

Post by aaii »

PhaseDMA wrote:In a intresting twist a lot of the "prestigious" at the JDennis forums seem quite pissed (to put it lightly), and have stated they would not continue to use DeadAIM as their AIM add-on of choice.

Some have even stated they would rather fall back onto 4.8 and use AIM+...

I'm not saying this was a bad choice for JDennis in the long term, but this really isnt something you throw on your customer base... First a fee for the program (after people had been using a free version of that exact version for a while...) Then a new version, with a new price system, and now the ?buy out? of JDennis?

Just another reason why AIM+ remains a huge competitor in the AIM add-on field even almost after a year of no production.
Nothing has been posted about a buy out. I don't see how working with AOL is a bad thing. It does nothing but give credit to DeadAIM.

Working with AOL will allow DeadAIM to leave AIM+ even further behind. I don't see AOL contacting big-o.
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

timeless, is that the official statement word from jdennis that you posted, or was there another? I can't check that link because somebody banned me for some reason :/ I'm guessing it's because my password was "aimplus" hehe.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

That is the official statement. You can see for yourself in JDennis's forums.