so now DeadAim and AOL are in bed together

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Timelessblur wrote:Due to some security bug
I buy that 100%.

I didn't mean to take this off-topic. Just trying to point out that other Instant Messaging providers are lining up business models that will support advanced features for a price. In the case of Microsoft they went as far as to say that at any time they can require you to upgrade at the risk of losing functionality (as they are doing with a Oct. 15 deadline) but that upgrade might not be free (in this case it is).

I think we are going to see a lot of companies charging for features and products that used to be free. The economy sucks right now and the giant corporations are starting to come up with ways to squeeze blood from a stone.

AOL is probably going to be the leader in his area when it comes to Instant Messaging since they are the leader in popularity.

On the positive side, there will be more and more people coming up with their own add-ins. We just have the unfortunate burdon of weeding through the crap to find the gold
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Effects of AOL charging for AIM ;)

Day 1: AIM becomes a pay program

Day 2: MSN starts charging

Day 3: A cracked version of AIM is released

Day 4: Their are more reported cracked AIM's then cracked Windows, and MSN is cracked
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Doom

Post by Doom »

So Yahoo Messenger is going to be number 1 when they start paying for AIM and MSN?
thestrikeofthepanda

Post by thestrikeofthepanda »

their is one big problem w/ captilism on the internet, compatibility, yahoo instant messanger would be number uno if aim dint get cracked like a month after it is no longer freeware (cant think of name for non-freeware)
but im sure in a few years it will be all aol has left, they are being raped when it comes to dsl service, it is now just a big mini van, in the sense that only poor stupid people use it cuz their parents refuse to give it up, and soccer moms cuz they like the safety factors, even though it rolls over more than the family dog (woah, that was both an allusion, a metaphor, and an analogy, hope i dint lose u on that one)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

thestrikeofthepanda wrote:if aim dint get cracked like a month after it is no longer freeware (cant think of name for non-freeware)
Shareware ;)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
thestrikeofthepanda

Post by thestrikeofthepanda »

lmao