New alternative?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

zerooffline

New alternative?

Post by zerooffline »

Hey guys, a friend and I have been working on a project recently that is meant to supersede AIM+ and DeadAIM. Its called middle_man and it is still in very early beta stages. If you want to try out the software, and help provide feeback for this vital beta stage, please check out our site.

http://middleman.krunchsoftware.com/

If you enjoyed AIM Minus, or whatever sniip3r made, I'm sure you will love this. Be sure to check out the "Getting started" page if you download it.
Last edited by zerooffline on Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

all i can say is, BAD ASS. this loox very promising, especially that scripting feature
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Hell Yea! Very Nice Looking Program. I Am About to try 'er out!
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

are the patches implemented already or if i d/l it do i need to add the patches?
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

can u use it with Deadaim and aim+??

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I just downloaded it, but I'll check it out when I can.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

It IS Compatible With DeadAIM. And AIM+.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

@#$% $#%@# %$ #$@%#@# #$ $#$ @#% %^ ## $#@$ %@ @#%

IVE BEEN WORKING ON A PROGRAM EXACTLY LIKE THIS...oh well it doesn't work for me.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

ROFLMAO! When Will It Be released? :wink:
rejected

Post by rejected »

yes, it is independent of aim so it will work with aim+ and deadaim. there are no patches, just newer maintenance releases. as soon as first batch of bugs are fixed, second and third beta will be released, each with a new set of features which will be posted on the website.

note - middle_man is an independent executable of aim, in order for it to work in aim, the middle_man executable must be run, not aim.exe.

check http://middleman.getrejected.net for latest updates.[/url]
He's goin fuckin' nowhere...where you goin nowhereeeeee.
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

actually i can't get it to work with aim+ because middle_man works like aim+...u have to click on middle man to run aim so u cant click on both...

rejected

Post by rejected »

that is true, however, as middle_man's features increase, it is suggested you do not use with any other addon because some of the features will conflict with the addon and aim functionality could be affected.
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

WOW...I was just reading through the feature list and this is quite the bundle. I haven't tested it just yet but it's very intriguing.

I have one very important question though...
Will we ever have to pay for the program?

I'm not necessarily saying I wouldn't pay, I pay for things that I really value like certain games and certain software. I'm just very curious and I bet others are too now that I've brought it up.

Also, rejected, do you have any opinion(s) on the whole AIM&deadaim merger (whatever it is)? Will you code what's necessary to make your program AIM6 compatible when AIM6 is released? One more, for now ;), if AIM&deadaim are distributed as a whole (one program), would you be willing to code AGAINST deadaim to correct errors or, or maybe even chop out part of your features and just add to what's already there?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just extremely interested in your program. You have a very professional site setup and the way you listed current&upcoming features, wow...that's the best feature layout I've ever seen.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

lol....calm the nerves boy.

Yes, this does look promising. I'll be sure to keep my eye on it for future releases.... :twisted:
rejected

Post by rejected »

jon, im actually just the webmaster for middle_man, my two friends are the ones who are actually coding the program. but yes, all features of deadaim and aim+ are already accounted for and most if not all of them will be implemented plus sum.

and no, you will not have to pay for the program...middle_man was created out of interest and was put forth since deadaim has decided to charge for the product.

once aim6 does come out, im sure they will code middle_man to work with it. but only the future will tell, and im sure it will depend on how well this takes off. we have sorted out a bunch of major bugs already which would stray people away from using it, but hey, thats what betas are for anyway.