A GIFT!

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

That's all I needed to see!! :D
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

DADINK13 wrote:You mean they had a gay kiss on stage too??? :wink:
NO NO NO... I wanna see LP's acceptance...
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Chinchilla! wrote:She really is a no talent piece of crap though. She clearly had no idea who David "Bow e" (as she pronounces it) was nor had a clue who metallica was until she was tapped to do the Metallica Icon show.
She also looked like a total fool on stage alongside kelly whale osbourne in their botched attempt to award Duran Duran with some kind of award.

Her band is quite solid though. That's pretty much the only credit I can give them. She's pretty much the weakest link talentwise.
Oh god... Here we go... If you don't have talent you don't get nominated for awards... You don't win those awards (from respected award shows mind you), you don't get on shows like Jay Leno, you don't get your first 3 songs to all go #1, and you sure don't go plantinum over and over and over again with your first CD.

You can't deny talent to someone that has acomplished so much in less then a year. She is fake? Who the hell cares?

BTW if your think the band is good on the CD, do everyone a favor and listen to her on some show where you actually see the band... It sounds quite diffrent (the fact "her" band didn't do the CD may have something to do with it not be as good on CD).

I say to any one that says she has not a ounce of talent... You go and acomplish half of what she has, and if your not good with music, go into anything else (I don't care how you make the money (steal if you must), and I'm sure you won't come close to her vaule (minus the big lump she has from her parents).

Anyone that would attack someone in the sort of way people do needs to take a major step back and look at their morals.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

<edit>
effing bug in phpBB (pg 2outof1)....

a vid if the vma "special event"
</edit>
i made one, on the 1st rerun. but my skillz of video compression be sux0rz
<edit>
btw, its about time some1 saw this thread!
i too was offended when they showed that fag dude named.. uhh... spears old boyfriend, ya, justin, i think. cuz of him, christina didnt get a turn to shine... they kept showing him during the damn beginning of the vma, taking focus away from the IMPORTANT action
</edit>
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well then yeah...... how bout that :P

a GIFT! :)

lol... i have a feeling that that may get around the net pretty quickly now
Attachments
better.gif
better.gif (140.09 KiB) Viewed 6906 times

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Dude.....that rocks!! :D
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Avril

Post by Chinchilla! »

No she really doesnt have as much talent as other artists out there right now. Thanks to her band, promoters, producers, songwriters...etc... and her wife beater, tie wearing ways...she is where she is today. Well, that and all the 8-14 year old girls who bought her album. So no, Avril the individual is not very talented, but hey if you associate yourself with the right people and come up with a stupid fashion style, you can be a big star as well.

Yeah I agree that she is fake and her band is what is keeping that ship afloat. What's that "big lump from her parents" that you are talking about? Were her parents rich before Avril's fame? So can we chalk up "spoiled" on her resume as well?

You say, "Anyone that would attack someone in the sort of way people do needs to take a major step back and look at their morals."... Last time I checked that has nothing to do with morals. It's called an opinion. In America you are free to do that. And I just did.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol.... yeah..... i just got the movie open in premiere, exported it to some frame pics, then edited it all and put it into a gif in imageready :P

and about the avril thing......
lets look at avril through her own lyrics......

'he was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy'

...... aparently, poor avril couldnt think of anything better to rhyme with 'boy'..... thus what constitutes the lack of talent, etc

Last edited by Plasma2002b on Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Although I've barely heard Avril's music.. I really don't like her too much. But what I can say is she's the biggest POSER of them all. When she first introduced herself and her new album sometime last year (or earlier this year, whatever).. she claimed she was "punk" .. and she was all into skateboarding and stuff, along with the song "Skater boi" -- but yet, if I remember correctly, the rest of her album was mostly Pop sounding music.. no where near or remotely close to sounding punk.

If she'd just drop her poser style.. I'd have no problem with her at all.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Isn't easy to jump on a band wagon? Any original opinions?

And how can you possibly figure based simply on the fact someone's family is well off they were spoiled? I don't remember being spoiled when my grandfather was around...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:along with the song "Skater boi"
Actually, the song was titled "Sk8r Boi" which is far worse. And yea, her music is very poppish.

But then again, I don't listen to anything mainstream. Hell, I just bought an AC/DC album the other day.