Halo (PC) due out 9/30/2003

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

Halo (PC) due out 9/30/2003

Post by fuuucckkers »

FINALLY at last.. we see HALO on the PC.
The game looks and PLAYS great... even after having its graphics engine revamped a few times because it was ported to the XBOX first.

(and yes, I know it plays great, cause my friend has an 'unofficial' leaked beta of the game. All 5 computers at his house have it installed, and it's a hell of a game to play multiplayer on a Lan. Very fun :) )

Sadly though, it's only going to have 16bit color, because it would take much more graphics work to redo all the textures in the game to up them to the standard 32bit color of todays games.

Damn XBOX.

:) :) :) :) :D
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

wtf, a game rls after 2k3 that cant to 32-bit? THATS BS :evil: ! THATS NO EXCUSE! If GTA3 and GTA:VC can do it, halo should be able to too :x

sum1 get the leaked beta and tell me its not true...

packetnews.com

:wink:
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I don't think it's true. But from what I do know is that the engine was rebuilt from the ground up to take full advantage of DX9 video cards. It looks better than the xBox version. Pick up October's PC Gamer to see for yourself.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Bah.. then my friends are full of shit.. cause their bigger gaming /puter nerds than I am.. and they told me that.