Movie Piracy

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:Okay... Well just to make things a bit intresting:

How many people actually have downloaded movies from the likes of Kazaa...

I have a couple time, but I stopped after about 2-4 because the rips were just so bad from even the best of locations. They actually lowered my enjoyment of the movie by a lot (a good 50%). Getting a free movie but only enjoying it at about 50% of what I would if I watched it on video was just plain and simply NOT worth the non existant price tag.
I've downloaded 1 or 2 before.. and they were "near" dvd-quality.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

if u r good in getting movies (not searchin for movie title in kazaa and d/l the biggest file) then most of the times, your happy. unless u get crappy VCDs, TS's, or gay cams, your getting fair quality. but its still much better to just go and watch it in the theaters (Centropy 0wnz)
Matt

Post by Matt »

To continue the whole mp3 converstion (I know its off topic, but I have something to say). If the RIAA doesn't want people to burn copies of CDs, then why do they have CD Burners? I mean, if it was really that much of a problem, they could have eliminated CD Burners from the shelves.

I gurantee you that at least one of the sons of those RIAA people have downloaded music on their computer. I mean, there is no way that AT LEAST ONE of them wouldn't (unless their dad's got money from the government to purchase all the CDs that the kids want....)
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Robpol86 wrote:if u r good in getting movies (not searchin for movie title in kazaa and d/l the biggest file) then most of the times, your happy. unless u get crappy VCDs, TS's, or gay cams, your getting fair quality. but its still much better to just go and watch it in the theaters (Centropy 0wnz)
Still much less time and money consuming to go down to the movie theater and pay a entire $0.50 cents... Sure that theater scares the ... out of me, but it's a lot less of a hassle.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
Timelessblur wrote:the comustion made me sick. It very disrespecting to the fact that most people PAY for there movies. Hell a friend of mine here does have matix reloaded already downloaded but then again it has not be released yet on DVD. I pay for most of my movies I watch or I watch most of them in some legal fasction (At a friends house. Borrowed it from a friend ect...)
technically.. borrowing from a friend is not legal.
If you've ever read that legal CAUTION disclaimer thingy before a movie..and even the rentals...

for home and private exihibition only. not to be viewed or borrowed and all that stuff by others.
You sure it isn't legal to borrow? I know if you (as an individual) charged them to borrow it from you, that wouldn't be legal, but I don't think it's illegal to borrow it. I think if that were true then you would be required to only play the movie on a specific player.

EDIT: yeah i just popped in ICE AGE and read the warning to make sure, it's perfectly legal to borrow the movie from a friend. You paid for the movie, so that's a legal right to own and watch the movie. It specifically states any unauthorized use other than non-commercial home viewing is prohibited.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Most artists would say "its not about the money, its about the music. If it makes people happy to listen to my music, that's all I care about." Any artist that thinks its not like that, I don't care to listen to anyway.

This is from Chali 2na, a member of Jurassic 5, from a post of his on their message boards (the J5 guys type in all caps for some reason)... "THE AVERAGE ARTIST DOESNT SEE RESIDUAL PAYMENTS FROM HIS OR HER LABEL AT ALL. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE. OUR BREAD AND BUTTER IS OUR LIVE SHOWS AND MERCH"
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Anyone that simply cares about the money in the business simply shouldn't be in the business.

The worst possibly you have that you don't enjoy doing (and you don't enjoy it if it's simply about the money) is to entertain people (Music, Movies, Plays etc).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

KooLTaB101 wrote:To continue the whole mp3 converstion (I know its off topic, but I have something to say). If the RIAA doesn't want people to burn copies of CDs, then why do they have CD Burners? I mean, if it was really that much of a problem, they could have eliminated CD Burners from the shelves.
I've argued this same statement before. Why not hold the cd-burner manufactorers or the blank CD media companies responsible?

But as I thought about it more, cd burners and blank media isn't specifically manufactured for burning music/movies/games/programs.

It was designed for backing up data from ones own computer. Just the same as Floppy disks are used for. Well, they were once used to store actual programs.. but then they got larger than 1.44MB. :roll:

But yeah... and plus, if I remember correctly, you're allowed to legally make one backup copy of most(all?) software programs for personal use. Not to be shared or given to friends.. but that's what seems to happen nowadays.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

The problem with pircicy is why software manufactor make you activate you software more and more these days. For example I have a copy of mathcad on my compuiter. It will only work on my computer and no other one since the CD is key to my hardware idenfaction number now. (It going to be a role pain in the ass in 2 years when I want ot get a new laptop. I dont want to have to buy another copy of mathCAD. Great program though
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas