Tehcumseh's Curse

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Matt

Tehcumseh's Curse

Post by Matt »

My history teacher told us about an old indian chief that put a curse on our nation. The link that follows tells of the whole story, but I am summarizing it...

People killed Tehcumseh's brother, Tecumseh, and he got really mad and put a curse on our nation....
"'Harrison will not win this year to be the Great Chief. But he may win next time. If he does...He will not finish his term. He will die in his office.'

'No president has ever died in office,' declared a visitor.

'But Harrison will die I tell you. And when he dies you will remember my brother Tecumseh's death. You think that I have lost my powers. I who caused the sun to darken and Red Men to give up firewater. But I tell you Harrison will die. And after him, every Great Chief chosen every 20 years thereafter will die. And when each one dies, let everyone remember the death of our people."

Every 20 years, the president in that term has died. Here is a brief synopsis:

===============================
In 1840, William H. Harrison was elected President. The election was contentious and won with only a narrow margin of the popular vote, even though he won big in the electrol college. He died in office on April 4, 1841. The Mexican War broke out in 1846.

In 1860, Abraham Lincoln was elected president with a small plurality, although a big margin in the electoral college. The country divided and the War Between the States broke out within months. Lincoln was shot and died April 15, 1865.

In 1880, James A. Garfield was elected president with a margin of less than 7,100 popular votes nationwide, although a convincing margin in the electoral college. America was not involved in wars with other nations, but the Battle of Little Bighorn only four years earlier marked the beginning of the end of the Indian Nations. Garfield was shot and died September 19, 1881, following complications from his wounds and physicians.

In 1900, William McKinley was elected to a second term, less than two years after the end of the Spanish-American War. The election was not close, and although McKinley managed to get more than 800,000 votes more than William J. Bryan, it was hard fought and marked the merger of the Democrat and Populist parties. McKinley was shot on September 6 and died September 14, 1901.

In 1920, Warren G. Harding was elected president by a huge margin but only after a contentious campaign with the main issue being U.S. membership in the League of Nations in the aftermath of World War I, which ended only two years before. He died in office August 2, 1923.

In 1940, Franklin D. Roosevelt was urged not to break tradition and seek a third term. He did anyway and was re-elected convincingly despite dire warnings from his opponents that America was on the verge of war and reassurances from FDR that it was not so. America entered World War II on December 7, 1941. FDR could have broken the curse by not running for a fourth term. He did anyway and died in office April 12, 1945.

In 1960, John F. Kennedy was elected president with one of the narrowest margins in modern history. Even through there were widespread reports of fraud, his opponent did not contest the results. Kennedy was shot and died November 22, 1963. The U.S. entered the Vietnam War less than two years later.

In 1980, five years after the fall of Saigon ended the Vietnam War, America was once again divided. A sour economy and the Iran hostage crisis turned an election deemed "too close to call" into a rout for Ronald Reagan. On March 30, 1981, Reagan was shot as he was boarding his presidential limousine. The driver took him to a private hospital rather than the designated Bethesda Naval Hospital, quite possibly saving his life. Reagan's term in office was cut short by days as he recovered quickly.

Did Reagan's survival end Tehcumseh's curse?

===============================

http://www.geocities.com/statechurch/tehcumseh.htm
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

very interesting
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

so will bush make it to the end of his office alive?
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yes... The better question is will the next one in line.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

PhaseDMA wrote:Yes... The better question is will the next one in line.
No...it should be bush that dies in office (2000). If he gets reelected...then theres another 4 years of a chance for him to die....
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I hope that the indians like Republicans then...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

so why dont we save bush's life and not reelect him
if he survives to the end of his term
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Because even if this was proven to be true, and Bush knew he would carry out his elected terms.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

PhaseDMA wrote:Because even if this was proven to be true, and Bush knew he would carry out his elected terms.
then ????
it seems to me like you going to write more because im confused
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Well.. as for my opinion, I think it's a load of poo.
I don't believe in curses.. and am not supersticious.

If there's any explaination.. it's most likely just a huge coincendence.
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

i dont believe in curses either(well i dont believe this was a curse)
i was just going along with everyone else
i also think it was just a coincidence
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

"another one bites the dust"
next step to the end of bush
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!