Windows Session Logoff

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

Windows Session Logoff

Post by Anthony »

I could swear I saw a question about this before, but for the life of me couldn't find anything with search...

Okay I really like the Windows Session Logoff feature in AIM, but it has decided to create (goes to count) 3 of them... Before I could remove the extra ones, but not any more.

So where is it in the registry, and is this a common problem?

I'm pretty sure it happened when I edited the message.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

yea, i noticed it happening to me too...i actually have 13 windows session logoff messages and can't remove any of them.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

Yea that use to happen to me too but i don't switch users anymore so i don't have like 120893908 windows session logoff messages.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Copied and pasted from my regedit-

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger (TM)\CurrentVersion\Users\Jon8RFC\IAmGoneSpecialCases
Yeah, I had never noticed before, but I have 4 in there hehe. I don't believe I had this problem back with 5.2.3139. In the past I have edited it through regedit as well as within AIM and didn't have any problems with 5.2.3139. I haven't done a THING with that away message yet with 3292, yet I have more than one :/ Phase, are you using 5.2.3255+?

IIRC, it will create a new one even if you delete it in the registry because it's supposed to have one in there...I'm sure there's a way around this but I haven't tried anything or read anything yet.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I wish I could say I wasn't using 5.2.3139, but I am indeed using that version :-? .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I encountered that problem too but I never bothered to do anything about it. Thanks for the info.