50GB too much?

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Unknown

50GB too much?

Post by Unknown »

I am about to copy about 50GB onto another HDD, and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to create a SFV (or preferably an MD5) at the root of that drive (therfore calculating all 50GB) ?

Can hkSFV handle that, or should i break it up into smaller chunks (if that's the case, would 10GB be ok?)

Thanks!

(btw after have loads of corrupted data in the past, finding your app is a god-send! providing it works for me!) :lol:
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Based only on the fact that I have never heard of a problem because of size I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

I know there are at least a few people that have used this program with their MP3 collections, and those are in the GBs realm in size.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

It's only limited by your patience.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

size doesnt matter, well, it will just take more time to create and check the md5. and i dont reccomend making an md5 at the root of the drive. its much better creting md5s in each folder
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Robpol86 wrote:size doesnt matter
Thats what she tells you, but really, she fakes it.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Unknown

Post by Unknown »

Right OK, i've created MD5's for the 50GB, but in 1GB folders, seems to be a sensible way of doing it.

BTW, i dunno if im 'allowed' to mention this, but how does MD5summer compare to hkSFV?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Not knowing much about these types of programs I have never heard someone say <insert program name> was better then hkSFV....

Of course this is a biased place, and I don't search around for these types of things, but I would think I would at least hear a few people... I mean I do in the AIM+ forums...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Unknown wrote:Right OK, i've created MD5's for the 50GB, but in 1GB folders, seems to be a sensible way of doing it.

BTW, i dunno if im 'allowed' to mention this, but how does MD5summer compare to hkSFV?
I've used it before. It's a good program. I like both equally.

Post by Guest »

OK, but would I be roughly right, in thinking that both programs are very similar in functionality, but different by design (Gui etc) ?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I suppose. But I haven't used MD5summer since I found hkSFV, (a Long time ago) .. because it's just much simpler to use.