Games I recommend

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Games I recommend

Post by DADINK13 »

Now that I'm working at a video game store, I can recommend all sorts of games! :D

For you GCN owners, I strongly recommend you look into either renting or buying "Viewtiful Joe." It's only on GCN, so you xBox people are out of luck. It's without a doubt the only game I've played with that much style. The visual effects are outstanding. The game is like a 2D platformer, but with much more style. It's really hard to explain it, so you need to go and rent it.

Another good game that you should look into is "The Simpsons: Hit and Run" for all three systems. It's literally the Simpson's meets Grand Theft Auto. There's tons of new dialog for the game, plus tons of little elements that Simpson's fans would pick up on in an instant. One of my favorites are a set of billboards that say "Now leaving area code '939'" and "Welcome to area code '636'." The cars range from Marge's Canyonaro to Cletus' pickup, to the Honor Roller, to even Grampa's Willys Jeep. It's just an awesomely fun game, and I would recommend it to anybody who likes the Simpsons, GTA, or both.

"CastlevaniaL Lament of Innocence" stands up to the Castlevania linneage. I haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard, it's great.

That's about it. I'll keep up to see what I can find out about new stuff.
paintballplayaa5
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by paintballplayaa5 »

I reccomend the following games:

-Nitto 1320 Challenge ( download and play the game free at www.nitto1320.com)
-Roller Coaster Tycoon (all the versions)
-The Sims
-Starcraft and Warcraft

Sweet
Sweet
noname-south-park-all-characterstr-471-4100300.jpg (23.92 KiB) Viewed 5982 times
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

-Nitto 1320 Challenge ( download and play the game free at www.nitto1320.com)
Never heard of it.
-Roller Coaster Tycoon (all the versions)
Good series, but only the first one. The second one was the exact same.. playwise, and graphically. The only thing was new rides, and the addition of liscenced 6-Flags coasters. Woo hoo (sarcasm). Not worth the money to buy it in my opinion.
-The Sims
Good idea for a game.. but it's gone too far. Granted it's also been awarded the only Video Game in History to have as many expansion packs as it does. I think it's up to about 6 or 7 now? But it's just getting stupid. Now you can play it online, and act out someone else's life.. with other "real" people who are also playing online. Here's an idea.. Get A LIFE. Get off the flippin computer, and get some friends.
-Starcraft and Warcraft
These are the greatest games that Blizzard has ever created.

Now what I recommend?
Deus Ex (1)
Deus Ex 2 : Invisible War for the PC.
Chrono Trigger for the SNES.
Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 3 for the NES, and SNES. respectively.
Warcraft 2.
Grim Fadango.
Mechwarrior 2 (Win95 version).
Mechwarrior 3.

:)
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:Chrono Trigger for the SNES.
I picked up Final Fantasy Chronicles for PSX, and that includes Chrono Trigger and FF4. I'm going to attempt the impossible and get all twelve endings of Chrono Trigger. :o

Wish me luck.

BTW, FF X-2 seems to be really awesome. The battle system is in real-time.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I hope FFX-2 is as good as I hear.

Good luck with Chrono Trigger.

All this game talk makes me really want the semester to end... since i haven't touched my system since the summer.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I reallly need to buy my self a PS2 so I can play megaman X7 and FF X and X-2.

For the game cube I also recomend that Super smash brother melee be add to the list
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
qwertypoiu
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by qwertypoiu »

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is a good RPG game for GBA once u get the hang of it.

Rise of nations (an RTS) is a good game similar to age of empires, but its a lot more interesting

the worst game you could play?-Runecape http://www.runescape.com
all you do pretty much is click, click, click, click...
the graphics are horrible, but they're changing them soon.
once you gett addicted, its hard to stop, even when you realize you're wasting your life clicking away on a worthless game