Hidden?

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

sweeney
Addict
Addict

Hidden?

Post by sweeney »

Alright, theres two things I want to hide...
First: Is there any way to hide the taskbar button for something without sending it to the tray, minimizing, etc?
Second: Is there any way to hide a tray icon besides the XP option to hide unused ones.

Any help would be appreciated.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

There used to be a program created by PanicWare (creators of PopUp Stopper), that did exactly what you described. All with the push of a button.

It's called Don't Panic.
Came in handy when I was looking at pr0n and someone started coming in my room, you push a 2 button key combo..and it hid all taskbar buttons, and even the panicware button in the system tray. Or it let you have the option to give the system tray icon a 'different' icon.
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Hidden?

Post by Jon8RFC »

Sweeney wrote:Second: Is there any way to hide a tray icon besides the XP option to hide unused ones.
I'm pretty sure you mean to hide it without the help of XP at all...but incase you didn't know, right click on the taskbar and hit properties...then click on customize on the bottom right...you can set some of the icons to always be hidden immediately, no matter what. I'm guessing you just want it to disappear completely, but just incase, well...there it is hehe. I wish you luck on your journey and wish I could've helped more :)
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Don't Panic is a great program, although not what I'm looking for.
I'm looking to hide just the taskbar button, not the whole program.

And yeah, with the tray icons, I want them to be gone for however long I want them to. Right now, I can't remember why...but I'm pretty sure I had a point...
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Yes, yes, I revived the thread.. but with good reason. I'm still looking for an answer to my question. I've googled about a hundred times, and asked everyone I know. Who knows, maybe there just isn't a program out there that does what I want. I think there probably is, though. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

well, if its for something thats not interactive (like f@h), then just make it a system service. if it is something interactive (like hiding your minsweeper session in keyboarding class) then i dunno
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

No, see, I don't want to hide the whole program, just the taskbar button. I still want the program itself to show.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

know any VB?

if ya do, you can code your own program to do whatever your wanting specifically by itself.

i know of some code that hides the taskbar buttons.

(but with me haviung no idea what your trying to do with it, i wouldnt really be able to make ya anything)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i think hes trying to make something like this:

(notice the TASKBAR BUTTON for mspaint goes away. thats wat hes trying to do i think?
Attachments
after
after
2.png (16.77 KiB) Viewed 10370 times
before
before
1.png (17.91 KiB) Viewed 10373 times
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Robpol86 wrote:i think hes trying to make something like this:

(notice the TASKBAR BUTTON for mspaint goes away. thats wat hes trying to do i think?
That's exactly what I'm trying to do. But I'm guessing that was just some picture editing on your part?
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

i dont get why you would want to do that?
isnt the taskbar supposed to be there to make it easier?...
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Well, certain programs I like to have open, but take up too much space on the taskbar. Like, my AIM buddylist, for example. I like to have it open, but I hate the button.. Also, I have the button grouping on, because I have XP, and sometimes I would like to hide certain buttons because I don't want to group a certain few together.
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

oh, i see. yea i dont have the problem with the buddy list cuz of trillian.
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!