Mech Warrior

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

junkie
Addict
Addict

Mech Warrior

Post by junkie »

Who still plays mechwarrior i must know im looking for new oppenents to kill online and for general chat on news because it is my favorite game in the world. i love the thrilll of being in the cockpit at 3:00 A.M. in the morning just waiting for a mech to come around the hill and then bang there goes my AC 20's echoing in the wind. and there i am just standing there waiting through the smoke to see if my opponet is still alive (limb blown off) or dead (straight through the cockpit) :twisted:
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Mechwarrior is an awesome series. I own Mech2 (DOS, and Windows 95 versions). Also Mech3 which is the best of all in my opinion.

Mech4 just blows. And not just because Micro$oft bought out Microprose. Because the whole "feel" of the game changed. And the fact they changed the default controls that've been there since Mech2. Pissed me off before I even got to play. Not a good way to start a game..

But if I ever get around to putting VMware on my computer again, I'll go ahead and install Mechwarrior 2 or 3.. and I'll play with ya. :)
(but I don't see that happening anytime soon.)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

i have mech 2: mercenaies. havent played it in years. i used to play like 3 hours a day.
junkie
Addict
Addict

Post by junkie »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:(but I don't see that happening anytime soon.)
what do you mean by that???
and plus i have Mech 4 Mercs.
Mech 4
and Mech 4 Black
so get the newer versions and then we will see who is better!!! :twisted:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I have mechwarrior 2 at home and a copy of mech 3. I really enjoy playing mechwarroir 3. I have not played it in a while. I though about getting mech 4 but I did not have the money at the time and other games seemed more intersting
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I had MechWarrior 2 back when it was the first Windows game that used DirectX. The DOS version was also bundled. I had this awesome Dire Wolf mech that I named "The One-shot Wonder" because it had five PPC cannons, was as fast as a stock Timber Wolf, and was able to dodge missiles with ease AND take a severe beating.

Sure, it had a terrible heat dissipation problem, but who cares? It blowed stuff up reaaaaaal good. :twisted:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

My favorit mech from mechwarriors 2 was the nova. I love that mech. In Mechwarriors 3 I seem to defuatl to like lasers. Yeah heat is a slight problem but then again I dont have to carrior any ammor
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

ive only played mech 4 and black
so i dont know how the 2nd and 3rd are so much better
but i like the daishi
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

i got mechassault for xbox but i dont play it
BigHead
~2592~
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

MadCat was my favorite. Keep his arms stocked with ER Lasers, body has the PPCs, and the head with a chain gun or missles.

If you need heat dissipation, depending on the level, just stand halfway in a lake or river :)

And Junkie.. what I mean is that I run Linux. I can't install Windows programs by default. I'd have to first install an emulator and then install Windows on that, and then games and stuff. (VMware is the emulator).

And I also said.. Mechwarrior 4 sucks. Since Micro$oft got a hold of Microprose they changed so much in the game that I was used to in the other 2 previous games.. it just pissed me off and I didn't even feel like playing. But yes, I did purchase the game. And yes, I did give it a fair unbiased chance. I just didn't like it.
junkie
Addict
Addict

Post by junkie »

i agree mech warrior 4 did suck but its expansions kick ass like black knight and definitly mercs 4 kicks major ass
but i feel as if they r not trying to make them better than they were
with all these new advances in the technoligical world u would think they could do a lot better :twisted:
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Actually no. Pretty graphics is easy to make. Great gameplay isn't. Look at Half Life. The graphics are good for their age, but the gameplay is awesome. Why do you think it still sells for $40 a copy over four years after it was released?
junkie
Addict
Addict

Post by junkie »

yeah i know, but im talkin about graphics with good game play and it seems as if the mechwarrior corp. isnt even trying for great game play any more like they used to. :twisted: