where to start for writing an AIM addon

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

decidex02
Just Registered
Just Registered

where to start for writing an AIM addon

Post by decidex02 »

I've done my fair share of reshacking AIM, but i've found that all the addons i've used have become picky when I do too much, not to mention none of the popular addons today have the complete configuration options that I want. I'm a complete and total n00b when it comes to writing programs (i've done basic C++ programming, but that's it) and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction so I could possibly start writing my own addon.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Come on.

I know searching can be a pain in the but, but this is the newest topic in this very section of the forum.

Please look next time :)

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=4856
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
decidex02
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by decidex02 »

yeah I didn't mean to post a similar topic, but to me it looked like he'd already written part of a program to go along with AIM. Halfway reading through that I go "huh?" and I didn't want to post under it and kinda be ignored about the whole process. Basically I don't even know where to start from square one, much less log from a window or in real time.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

where you start depends on what you want to make AIM do.
SNiiP3R
Addict
Addict

Post by SNiiP3R »

Well ResHacking wont get you far. I sugest you buy a few C++ books and start learning some advanced stuff, things like Sockets , Hooking..ect

C++ is a bitch to learn but it's a good and powerful language still. So dont waist your time. :lol:
Socket Scientist
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

For clarification:

You would use hooking if you want to read the text from the AIM windows. Hooking and subclassing refer to manipulation of other programs.

Sockets would be for writing a proxy. Sockets are a reference to network connections.