Replace Your Music....Again

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

Replace Your Music....Again

Post by fuuucckkers »

"I was not at all surprised to find that experts are predicting the death of the compact disc in as little as 5 years. This article over at Ananova suggests the next format of music will be little fingernail-sized cards. As cool as these sound, is anyone else worried that sneaky industry folks might try to distribute all new music in DRM'ed WMA files?" Yeah, this description sounds basically like bigger Magic Gate, that wonderful situation where you can pay more than normal to get DRM.
Update: 11/13 16:45 GMT by H: As Robert Brooks pointed, this is sort of a dupe -see our previous article.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Forget the sneaky industry... What about the people that will steal those ultra small pieces of media? Also have you ever missplaced your keys... It's because their small...

I don't really think it's a issue even if it goes WMA. You can still convert them to MP3 and throw them on a CD-ROM.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:Forget the sneaky industry... What about the people that will steal those ultra small pieces of media? Also have you ever missplaced your keys... It's because their small...

I don't really think it's a issue even if it goes WMA. You can still convert them to MP3 and throw them on a CD-ROM.
And how exactly would you plug this chip into your computer to convert them to mp3 ??
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Um the same way you would plug any other type of media into your computer? With a piece of hardware such as a CD-ROM drive type thing or card reader type thing.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
PhaseDMA wrote:Forget the sneaky industry... What about the people that will steal those ultra small pieces of media? Also have you ever missplaced your keys... It's because their small...

And how exactly would you plug this chip into your computer to convert them to mp3 ??
Do you really think they'll make it so you can't read/make them with a computer? And even if they do, how long do you think it'll be before someone figures a way around it?
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

isn't WMA the windows media player format?.

if it is you wouldn't even need to convert it to mp3 u can burn it right off the windows media player. It isn't gonna change anything
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yes it is... But some people prefer good CD burning software, and not free stuff (Audio nuts or me).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

Master Jedi wrote:Do you really think they'll make it so you can't read/make them with a computer? And even if they do, how long do you think it'll be before someone figures a way around it?
uhh... the companies dont have to do this...
theres the Adaptoid (n64 controller to usb for emus), theres hardware so u can reconfig illegal directv cards, theres adapters to burn gameboy roms onto cartridges. companies arnt the only ones that make hardware... anyone w/ knowledge can create a cable/adapter to transfer data from that media to your computer.