Aim Security

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Aim Security

Post by Jrrtt37 »

Now pretty much i think the security thing its pointless, in the way that i don't think ppl have convos that are extremely important but what encuraged it anyway? For what reason did the makers of AIM wake up one morning and say, Today i'll make AIM, security enabled. Are convos that confidential that they need to be encrypted, or is AOL that broke? (cause i believe they have there own certificate for the encrypter that cost $) except i know there is a free one at www.aimencrypt.com.

But i will say, i do have the free one on my Sn, for the reason of just having a padlock by my screen name. :cheesy:
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Well I know it been discussed here before but I could not find the thread so this topic is a good one even if we all know about it since we dont have a offical thread on it yet. It must of come up in one of the treads we where making but we did not have a topic on it. Some one correct me if I am wrong

But on a another note. Will you please post in the right forums. This thread belong in AIM Misc. Please dont be like axilla and just post in gereral. It really gets to me when people dont even try to post in the right forums
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Re: Aim Security

Post by Anthony »

Jrrtt37 wrote:Now pretty much i think the security thing its pointless, in the way that i don't think ppl have convos that are extremely important but what encuraged it anyway? For what reason did the makers of AIM wake up one morning and say, Today i'll make AIM, security enabled. Are convos that confidential that they need to be encrypted, or is AOL that broke? (cause i believe they have there own certificate for the encrypter that cost $) except i know there is a free one at www.aimencrypt.com.

But i will say, i do have the free one on my Sn, for the reason of just having a padlock by my screen name. :cheesy:
Okay um... The security thing was made for the business client they have. They just decided to throw in into the consumer client as well.

Second of all the certificate from any free site is worthless. The entire idea of having a certificate is that your the only one with that one... Not that a billion other people have it.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Timelessblur wrote:It really gets to me when people dont even try to post in the right forums
:roll:
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

well my bad :sad: , i figured, since like nothing "Big" or new has happened with the site, it really wouldn't matter what area you put a post in, cause there really has not been anything new with the site since what? 2002? even if i'm wrong, (i apoligize) i'd figure i'd post it in here, seeing that this seems to be the most popular part of the forum. It's just a topic to talk and read about. I may not of been in the forums long enough to state a opinion like that (giving you people the respect that you probably deserve) but i've been with the site for a while anyway.

:?: For what i'm saying. Is it really going to kill you if something is a lil off topic? when really all you can talk about in this part of the forum is Errors that ppl have with their computer that deal with this site? Chew me out or whatever you wish, i still think i make some what of a point. if i ticked you off doing so, i apoligize.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

:idea: Also if correcting me with what part of the forum i should state things in give you something to complain about, then i think i've accomplished something.
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

well first off it oginaztion. The general forum is normal soposed to be pretty quite. Just you are copying axilla who does not give a damn about general forum guide lines. A little off topic and blanitly off topic are 2 diffent things. It really gets the forum clutter up and harder to follow threads. The general rule is when in dout put it in total-off topic because it pretty hard to be wrong in there. we already have one person blantly posting in general KNOWLY that the stuff belongs in the other forums. I just asking for you to try to post stuff in the right forums.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Don't listen to that bullshit. It doesn't matter where you post. The owners of this site come here once every three months, they don't care.
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

well Axilla i do have respect for the people on the site, so i apoligize for putting off topic things in the wrong part of the forums. :sad:

but just for my own purpose what can and can't be put in here? even if it is stated.. i'm still not sure, and also i thought that only the posts in the general column counted towards your post rankings anyway.
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

I have respect for people here...the ones who realize that the location of ia post on a message board on the internet doesn't fucking matter.
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

In a way i agree with both that i think you should be able to just talk about anything anywhere, but i also agree in following threads, So i guess there has to be a middle in which everything is ok, but for now, i'll stick with organization.
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
paintballplayaa5
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Aim Security

Post by paintballplayaa5 »

PhaseDMA wrote:
Jrrtt37 wrote:Now pretty much i think the security thing its pointless, in the way that i don't think ppl have convos that are extremely important but what encuraged it anyway? For what reason did the makers of AIM wake up one morning and say, Today i'll make AIM, security enabled. Are convos that confidential that they need to be encrypted, or is AOL that broke? (cause i believe they have there own certificate for the encrypter that cost $) except i know there is a free one at www.aimencrypt.com.

Okay um... The security thing was made for the business client they have. They just decided to throw in into the consumer client as well.

Second of all the certificate from any free site is worthless. The entire idea of having a certificate is that your the only one with that one... Not that a billion other people have it.
I have the AIM security and i got it for free and the encryption has been working for me well. Whenever i talk to my friends with security it works. For Example: i was just starting to talk to one of my friends and when he responds he responds in a new window not the same one that i was just talking to him on which shows that the AIM encryption for free actually works.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Until someone cares enough (or already has for all you know) to want to see your convos. I'm not going to say it's going happen. Simply it would be just as easy with out it.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ