Cell Phones

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Anthony

Cell Phones

Post by Anthony »

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/2 ... index.html

I don't know, but that article makes my cell phone usage was on a $900 a month plan... I can't remember the last time that I lost a call, other then at the cabin where it is expected, and not really something that anyone cares about.... But even in those cases you know where the hot spots are (the bedroom in our cabin (as opposed to any other spot on the 200 acres :cheesy: ).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

People who use their cell phones a lot and travel the same routes every day are much more frequently annoyed by this.

When your phone has to switch towers, most old phones (and even a lot of new ones, sprintgay) will drop the call in the process of switching the tower it is connected to. I am almost certain that when I am on a call and if I travel down two specific roads in Madison that I will need to call back.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I read an article on news.com where they interviewed the guy who came up with the cell technology our cell phones use. He stated that the biggest problem with the technology is that it can't seemlessly handle the unhindered transfer of calls from one cell to another.

When you are driving down the road you may be bounced from cell to cell to cell. Well each cell can only handle so many active phone calls. If you move into an area and the service tries to move you to a full cell, you get dropped.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
GuitarBum
Addict
Addict

Post by GuitarBum »

If I had a 900 month plan, I'd use every single minute. I'm such a chatterbox on the phone.
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!