IP change for BIG-O

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

IP change for BIG-O

Post by Jrrtt37 »

I know if this happens or not, but if it does, then great.

Big-O with a new IP addy, i Get on Big-O during school. but today, the computer administrator decided to go on my computer and check my history, becuase i was getting around the bess blocker ( as i have talked about before) anyway, they blocked that and they blocked www.candidnet.com which is what i use for a loophole in the system. But the Admin. decided to go in my computer, and check the history to see what i was looking at, cause a teacher narked on me for getting around bess. Dumb ass me didn't delete my history, but i didn't think Big-O was a "evil" site, (it wasn't even blocked Orginally). But like megaproxy, they change there IP addy every once in a while, and Bess can't block it. so i figured, Why doesn't Big-O do that? or Do they already?

Thoughts?
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I don't know if it ever changes. It's currently:

If it ever changes, someone make note of it.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

It only changes with a change of server.

However: Depending on the block system.... Going to the site via the IP will get around the block.

Example: Websence blocks by address. You can for that reason use the IP to stil access the site (Note that when you click a link it uses the text but still works (Once in)). But in some cases with big sites (or just very evil sites) they will also block the IP... I doubt this is the case with Big-O (Since I'm sure they hand added it, and didn't spend enough time to find the IP).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

PhaseDMA wrote:Example: Websence blocks by address. You can for that reason use the IP to stil access the site
haha
if i told that to everyone in our school the tech guys wouldn't know what hit them
there would be kids playing games left and right that the were blocked the day before
do you know if nortan parental controls blocks ip's because at my camp during the summer they block NEWS sites and random games that they think are inapropriate for us
i think they are trying to brainwash us
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

at my old work this dumb bitch always checked her email at work so i blocked it...but she had a personal webpage that however her webpage editor set up went to hotmail and yahoo's ips...ended up blocking them too, and her personal page, and the site where she looked for purses, hahaha sucker
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

get a cgiproxy on ur/a httpd w/ mod_perl and nph cgi and ur all set
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I could set up a CGI proxy for you... But I don't like you :(.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

feelin the love. :|
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

while we're on the subject, my current cgiprox works, but doesnt like hotmail's javascript for opening mail. ne1 know of another cgiproxy that works with hotmail 100% (with their gay new layout)
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

i got around it, Bess blocks sites with Http. candidnet.com is https://www.candidnet.com
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i use to do https, but then i moved here and they arnt that stupid. and btw, sum sites wont work w/ https

i managed to get hotmail to work w/ cgi proxy, but its very complicated, i dont like doing all that just to get by the schools filter. ne1 have other cgi/php proxies/!?!
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

I E-mailed Megaproxy, they replied with giving me a site to be released this weekened or early in the week that supports flash player now. they claim, their the only ones now that support flash.
Joel,

Thank you for the good comments.

We do have plan to release a new private URL address this weekend or early next week.

The better news is that along with the new URL address, we will finally release support for Macromedia Flash.

Megaproxy will be the only service on the Internet to support Flash websites.

Thank you,

--sysadmin

Megaproxy.com, Inc
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

megaproxy has been out for a while, and its blocked at my school :(