Removing The "Playing Game" Away Message?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

MikeZed wrote:Damn man, do you go to the boards 24/7? I was about to post something and bam, you replied already.
No I just happen to be making checking to see if there are any new post. As for me getting this one you posted bam right after I posted mine and I was going back to edit and there was a new post. Really watch what you say there

Lastly when I am on my computer I normaly have Big-o-forums as an open wed page so it is really easy to check. It is call hit the refresh button and boom the page is check.
Last edited by Timelessblur on Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
xsamx
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by xsamx »

Was that about the away message situation? The link is broken.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The link isn't broken... MikeZed just can't seem to post a link correctly... It's all for the best as he was being normal sad self.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Iunno about you guys...but ever since I started reshacking aimres back when I had 3074, I've never had any problems with those two away messages. I changed all occurrences of the "away from my computer right now" one to "<title>AFK...</title>AFK..." and the "playing game" one to "<title>busy...</title>busy...bbl".

Just do a search in aimres and edit all occurrences, fire up AIM, go into your away preferences and delete the two that are default away and playing game...and thats the last time you have to delete them...that's how it worked for 3501 for me. With other versions I think they were just...gone...when I signed on. I add/remove away messages and never get new "default" or "game" away messages being added in there. Maybe I have a magical aimres or something? ;)
shawnrobts

Post by shawnrobts »

jon8rfc is right. reshacking the aimres file works very well. go download reshack. (you can download it here.) then open the aimres.dll file. search under 'strings' and folder 57. scroll though it and you'll see the playing game away message. there you go....you can change it to whatever you want or something that you'll actually use. compile the script and save it. if i remember right this was posted here before at one time. but i guess the topic was deleted.
"one monkey don't stop the show"
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Just to avoid any confusion, it's in String Table>57 for the playing game...String Table>18 for the default "i am away from..."
TwistedLister05
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by TwistedLister05 »

Why would you want to get rid of it? Is it evil or something?
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

Yes. Yes it is.