how to view .ocm files and have a fixed place for child...

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

retiredhero
Just Registered
Just Registered

how to view .ocm files and have a fixed place for child...

Post by retiredhero »

how can i view the .ocm files?
i only want to do that because i want to give a set position for child windows (ie incoming ims and outgoing) i want to do this because i have dual monitors and can't figure out any other way to get the ims and most other windows to pop up on monitor number 2... any sort of help here would be great..
thanks
-retiredhero
i love you all.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Um... Move the IM window to the second window... Exit AIM... The windows *should* hold their last placement.

I'm pretty sure you can view those files in any text editor (notepad or whatever).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

no, sorry phase..... when working on multiple monitors, the AIM windows dont really hold their place on the secondary monitor. If you even close a window when its on the secondary, if that person ims you again, it will pop back up on the primary.

retiredhero, i would try hexing the files with any standard hex editor..... but i havent tried before, so i wouldnt know any other info. But if you figure this out, please let me know..... iver been interested in this too. (well, not so much lately, since my laptop got stolen, but meh)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Plasma2002b wrote:no, sorry phase..... when working on multiple monitors, the AIM windows dont really hold their place on the secondary monitor. If you even close a window when its on the secondary, if that person ims you again, it will pop back up on the primary.
I beg to differ... Mostly on the fact it kept happening when I didn't want it to.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
retiredhero
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by retiredhero »

actually dudes, i did what phase said and it worked, but then some how the secondary got switched to the primary. and when i set it back, it went back to loading things on the primary screen first which is ghey, cause that means aim somehow changed my monitor to be primary. craziness. as for hex editing i'm not sure i know how to do dall that stuff. i'm just a designer at best. lol.
-retiredhero
i love you all.