This just in

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

Master Jedi, I'm interested in your problem. PM me and maybe I can help you find a solution.

Same with you Harra.

(Harry)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

There's not much more to say than this...

It happens as soon as I run the executable.

Processsor: AMD Athlon XP-M (mobile athlon)

....bah screw it...I don't think the hardware is the problem. This happens on all my computers!

The log viewer does run though. It's about 99.9% identical to Big-O's original log viewer :o , but they later added delete buttons and a total history size indictor.

If you're gonna rip off a history viewer...rip mine off. It's open source now to anyone that wants it. See my history viewer thread in AIM+ general.
Attachments
crash & burn.gif
crash & burn.gif (12.61 KiB) Viewed 4564 times
m_m sucks monkey.gif
m_m sucks monkey.gif (8.88 KiB) Viewed 4565 times
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

zerooffline wrote:Master Jedi, I'm interested in your problem. PM me and maybe I can help you find a solution.

Same with you Harra.

(Harry)
Not sure if your calling harra "Harry" (I don't know if your Harry or John or Brian), but harra is "Ray" :)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

I'm Harry, and yes I'm interested in Ray's problem.

Master Jedi, I can't get much out of what you gave me. And that isn't your fault. Maybe I should IM you and we can step through the process to figure out whats going on.

Are you by any chance using an international version of AIM? If you want to try to figure out, let me know, we'll talk.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Harry,

At this time I'm between offices and my new office has banned all IM programs. So I probably won't be facing this problem again anytime soon. I don't really IM much from home, but if the practice starts up, I'll load m_m and give it a go :)
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

zerooffline wrote:I'm Harry, and yes I'm interested in Ray's problem.

Master Jedi, I can't get much out of what you gave me. And that isn't your fault. Maybe I should IM you and we can step through the process to figure out whats going on.

Are you by any chance using an international version of AIM? If you want to try to figure out, let me know, we'll talk.
IM me on Madid Misologist. I'm on most of the time. I'll be away for the weekend, back for a final and my sisters graduation, then gone again. I won't be online much before next thursday or friday.

I had actually started on a m_m-like app in April of this year (in VB.NET). Having never writen an app in .NET I encountered a lot of problems. I gave up and went for VB in June. At some point someone showed me a link to the m_m page and it looked like exactly what I needed. So I put my project on hold, cuz I figured if it did what I wanted I'd just be wasting time to do it myself. When I realized m_m wasn't working for my I started up again.

A pre-beta preview is available at my forum (linked from my signature). The primary thing I wanted were logging to a database (searches would outperform even an indexed file search). Also, as I said before the source to my VB log viewer is available. Go to http://www26.brinkster.com/idejsecr/hisview/hisview.asp if you want to see what it looks like (a million times better than what you have if you ask me).
zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

Master Jedi, by the time you'll be getting back, I'll be headed off to Disney World for Christmas. Maybe we'll catch each other sometime in the future. As for our logviewer... it is pure crap. I do not dispute this. Honestly it was "thrown" together in VB within a _very_ short amount of time. The only reason it was made was because we felt we needed one to deploy the program. Our new log viewer will be similar, but will be more tightly nitted. It will be made entirely in C++ and will contain a control which views IMs exactly as they are shown in the IM window. Keyword is exactly, I don't think you can beat that. As for your program, it looks awesome and very well thought out. If we had more time to work on the logviewer, maybe we too could have something like this, however things like ad-removal, aliases, and direct connection logging are more important to us.

Roy, maybe one day middle_man will come up with a proxy-less solution -- sorry we couldn't help you out until it was to late.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

zerooffline wrote:It will be made entirely in C++ and will contain a control which views IMs exactly as they are shown in the IM window. Keyword is exactly, I don't think you can beat that.
Ok...so mine is missing is the AIM 5 smileys. It displays everything with the default smileys. The only other thing is it doesnt force text-wrapping (break up really long words into more than one line). I don't see much room for improvement in the display.

I know those other features are more important at this point in time, that's why I was offering you mine. I'll proabably adapt it to work with m_m at some point anyway.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

hmm...this is interesting...

I ran m_m with AIM already running and it successfully created a clone and its running on the clone...Smilez suddenly decided to work too, but only on the clone. hmm...
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You can get a second instance of (plain) AIM to start with m_m running, but no more. This is great for bug digging.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ