AIM + Registry Settings Corrupted

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

oxweezerxo
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM + Registry Settings Corrupted

Post by oxweezerxo »

my aim+ worked for some time then one day i went to get on it and a pop up box came up that said: "AIM+ Registry Settings Corrupted. This is probably caused by a bug in AIM+ - please report it. In the meantime, you can re-install AIM+ to correct this (you should not lose any settings)."

since this popped up about a week ago ive uninstalled and reinstalled aim+ numerous times a day. every time i try to use it the same box pops up. im gettin kinda peeved. :evil:

please help me i want my aim+ back NOW! :sad:

my Operating System is Windows ME
my Version of AIM is 4.7.2480
*-=kraut=-*

Post by Guest »

My AIM + was working and now it keeps telling me that it can't because AIM + Registry Settings are Corrupted and that I should report the bug. I tried to redownload it but the same thing happened.

I'm using Windows XP and my AIM version is 4.7.2480.

Thanks!
glittergrl
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by glittergrl »

the same thing happened to me. now all my prefrences from my screen name and my away messages have all disappeared. i think that this has a link to AIM+. please, i want my AIM+ and my preferences back!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

OK.. well, I'm not yet sure what could be causing this - especially the loss of your AIM settings.

But, for starters, could you give your computer a full virus scan (with recent virus data), and let me know if anything shows up (if so, the name of it might be helpful)? This definitely sounds like the something that could be caused by unfriendly code.
oxweezerxo
Just Registered
Just Registered

same as before

Post by oxweezerxo »

i tried scanning my computer for viruses 5 times and each time it came up with no virus at all. and every time i tried to start aim+ it said the same ting as before. :evil:
*-=kraut=-*
Nemessis
Addict
Addict

Post by Nemessis »

if you try to run AIM+ from another user on winxp you get the same error. another user being a different one you installed on.
AzNBoY0325

Post by AzNBoY0325 »

Yea, I got the same problem. The Error Box says :

AIM+ Registry Settings Corrupted

This is probably caused by a bug in AIM+ - Please report it

In the meantime, you can re-install AIM+ to correct this (you should not lose any settings)

I've tried re-installing it a few times but it doesn't seem to be helping because the same error box appears each time I try to open AIM+. I have AIM and AIM+ on my laptop though and have been able to login, but all my preferences are still there. I used a virus scanner (Norton AntiVirus) like you recommened, but it came up with no viruses.

AIM Version = 4.8.2790
AIM + Version = 2.2.1
Operating system = Windows 98 and Windows ME on the laptop