Middle_Man Beta2 Released

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Matt

Middle_Man Beta2 Released

Post by Matt »

Thats right! Get it while its still hot!

http://middleman.krunchsoftware.com

Its somewhat buggy, but its better than anything out there at the current time. Gotta love ghosting ;)
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

its not better than the one i'm writing, but mine's buggy too. i say everyone should jst stick to AIM+ with 4.8 and my viewer...it's still the best combination out there in my opinion.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Jedi... Your history viewer is the best, but... Your AIM add-on doesn't touch m_m.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

Master Jedi, keep in mind that our plugin works perfectly on our computers too. Have you distributed your plugin to a hundred people to start criticizing it?
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

1) its not a plug-in (im not a fan of plug-ins)
2) that prerelease on my forum doesnt compare to what I have now
3) my program is not intended as competition for any other one, as a matter of fact i'm being careful to make sure it works with all available add-ons and plug-ins
4) the primary reason for this is it works the way I want it to

about the testing/criticizing...i know my program isnt ready for beta testing. theres a lot i want to add, and a few things i have to fix before i release it.

I didnt mean that m_m was bad or anything like that, just that AIM+ is good software, it works well at what it does, and it's not (as) buggy. from what i've seen, m_m has a lot of potential, but it still has a long way to go.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Master Jedi wrote:1) its not a plug-in (im not a fan of plug-ins)
2) that prerelease on my forum doesnt compare to what I have now
3) my program is not intended as competition for any other one, as a matter of fact i'm being careful to make sure it works with all available add-ons and plug-ins
4) the primary reason for this is it works the way I want it to
1) Yes it is.
2) Yet it still doesn't match m_m I'm sure
3) That's great, but what does that have to do with anything?
4) Then stop saying it's "better"

about the testing/criticizing...i know my program isnt ready for beta testing. theres a lot i want to add, and a few things i have to fix before i release it.
just that AIM+ is good software, it works well at what it does, and it's not (as) buggy. from what i've seen, m_m has a lot of potential, but it still has a long way to go.
I'm pretty sure m_m does everything that AIM+ did (Not that we are even talking about AIM+), and beta 2 (beta) has been out no more then 24 hours. Give them a chance (BTW they have a bit more users to report bugs then you have (ie more bug reports by default)).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

PhaseDMA wrote: 1) Yes it is.
2) Yet it still doesn't match m_m I'm sure
3) That's great, but what does that have to do with anything?
4) Then stop saying it's "better"
1) no it's not...check the definition of plug-in. my program in no way modifies the performance of AIM. whether or not my program is running, AIM behaves the same way.
2) that's a matter of opinion...all the features of m_m are included in one way or another except aliasing, ghosting, cloning, and anything that modifies the appearance of AIM. in addition, it has a few more features that most people probably wouldn't care much for anyway (like forcing incoming and outgoing fonts and styles, im working on a fader, etc)...and yes i know m_m will probably include all of this and more in the future as well.

why are we arguing anyway? its been established that you like middle_man. that's fine. you don't need to disparage my program to convey that. and yes, i am giving them a chance. all i said was its not currently the best. i do think it likely will be eventually (at least until they decide to start charging money for it..at which point some frustrated programmer will start working on his own program).

my evaluation of middle_man is simply that it needs work. thats not to say its not good already, or that no one else noticed it needs work.

if you have anything more you want to discuss with me on this topic, please do so on AIM or go to my forums to save mark and ryan clean-up effort whenever they visit. my screennames are "Andrew Mallner" and "Madid Misologist".
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

Does it work with the newest beta?

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i tried m_mb2 and that newest ver of aim5.5 beta. i dont know which prog did it but that combination sux ass. when i went into away mode, it didnt do anything, just hide my ims. the lil yellow notepad thingy didnt come up and my away msg wont send to others (or in my profile). and it very very unstable. it took a long time for aim to load and there was a glitch w/ that lil bar w/ my SN @ the top (under the ad).

again, i dont know if it was AIM beta or mm but the combination blows
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Like I said. Your just pissed that m_m is better. Looking at your posts on their forums just prove this. Get over your self.

Also while your at it could you stop being pissed at me for whatever unknown reason and fighting with every single post I make on this forum?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

ok STOP TEH DAMN FIGHTING. keep it in an im/pm, stop fillin the forums w/ worthless bs like that
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Robpol86 wrote:ok STOP TEH DAMN FIGHTING. keep it in an im/pm, stop fillin the forums w/ worthless bs like that
You don't have any room to talk.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

y?? if u think its alright to fill forums w/ useless bitching then somethings wrong w/ u. These forums (or in this category) isnt meant to fight or talk, its meant to HELP OTHER PEOPLE. BITCH FIGHTING doesnt help anyone in any way. and dont backass me!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

:roll:
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ