Password protected buddy list

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Password protected buddy list

Post by EvilJolly »

Perhaps you could add a feature that you can either manually lock your buddy list by right clicking on the icon in the system tray, or you could also set it to lock automatically when you put up an away message or go idle. Have the program stay minimized and upon attempt to restore it, you are prompted for a password. Or maybe you could just set a hotkey to restore it, like holding down ctrl+alt+shift+p or whatever the user specifies. This would be handy for users who share computers and don't want other people reading their messages when away, or finding screennames of people on their buddy list.
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

way to go EvilJolly, I am pretty sure this is a new suggestion. I like it a lot! Even though I rarely leave my PC unattending in a state others can use it, though, I still see the value in such a feature.
war59312

Post by war59312 »

Nice!!! I use winxp pro. so i dont have that problem but that would be a great feature still so i dont have to lock the whole computer.

cya,
Will
God Bless The U.S.A.
bob the dog

Post by bob the dog »

yes. good idea. i would like to see this done.
rion

Post by rion »

just use ctrl alt del, then click lock computer, its that easy* :D

Post by Guest »

iSteve530 wrote:way to go EvilJolly, I am pretty sure this is a new suggestion. I like it a lot! Even though I rarely leave my PC unattending in a state others can use it, though, I still see the value in such a feature.
:evil: :lol: :x
Blake
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Blake »

rion wrote:just use ctrl alt del, then click lock computer, its that easy* :D
Ahh, you assume everyone is running the same version of Windows as you. Those with Win95/98 can't do this - only 2000 and XP.
=Blake=
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I use XP also, but I have introduced my sister to AIM+ also, and for some reason she likes the ads there *shrug*. But anyways, they use Windows Me, and login to the same profile for simplicity and ease of use. My sister likes to leave her AIM open to recieve messages while away, but doesn't want my mom looking at them necessarily. Also on my laptop I use Windows98 because it's a slower machine and it would be nice to be able to lock it on there also. I know this feature wouldn't be used in every case, but it would be a nice addon for people who can't lock their screen.