AIM at school.

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Guys,

YOu might as well get used to it. Most corporate jobs now don't let you do crap. I'm lucky because I'm considered a developer and have been given Admin level rights on my machine, but 99% of the company can't install anything on their machines and have no access to the HD at all. They use roaming profiles and a network share for storing your work files.

On the grounds of privacy. There is none. Every e-mail is scanned and all network traffic is sniffed. There is no secret about it. We like to joke that there are cameras and microphones in the ceilings.

But that is the way things are post 9/11 when you work for a company that is a potential target of malcontents
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
whatnow4005

Post by whatnow4005 »

Eh, my school is tough with security, cept they're idiots when they come to blocking stuff. They blocked xanga.com, and within a day of the blocking of that site, someone found out you could still get in through beta.xanga.com. As far as installing stuff goes, if its an official-type installer like AIMs, you're screwed, but if its something like Trillians, which is nothing more than a glorified extraction program, then its all good. :lol:
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.-HP Lovecraft

Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!
Sport9999
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Sport9999 »

Last edited by Sport9999 on Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

:roll:

....im not even gonna say how stupid that is

and btw. good job on making your first post an idiotic one

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Plasma2002b wrote::roll:

....im not even gonna say how stupid that is

and btw. good job on making your first post an idiotic one
How is that stupid? I did that exact same thing with my Tech School.
We had an actual computer set up as a gateway to to internet... and they had us configure our laptops to use that computer's IP address, to gain access to the net.

I was the only person smart enough in the entire school, to figure out how to configure the proxy for AIM using the gateways IP address. After they finally realized everyone was accessing AIM clients during class hours, they blocked the entire AIM program from connecting to its network. :roll: (it only took them about 2 quarters, each being 12 weeks)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

what was stupid is the fact that he is telling everone to use that IP to gain access to aim

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
andrew46528
Just Registered
Just Registered

getting around some security

Post by andrew46528 »

most school's security doesn't block shortcuts. Like if the hard drive is blocked just go to "my documents" then make a shortcut titled c:\, it will let u access the hard drive making a shortcut and typing command lets u access dos
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

or open ie and in the addressbar type in C: or if thats not it u type file://c:\