Grand Theft Auto 5!!

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

BaZ

Grand Theft Auto 5!!

Post by BaZ »

Don't know if anyone heard, Grand Theft Auto 5: Sin City is in the works from Rockstar Games, if you have any info on a release date post it, i heard on Xbox in 2005 but, don't hold me to that, jut trying to get some base info for the GTA fans :lol: theres more on my boards - www.gamers-place.cjb.net
Last edited by BaZ on Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Why take over the World. When you can build your own?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

And I'm just now getting GTA:VC... I have AWLAYS been behind playing those games....

Damn curse...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

gaaayy.
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

i found some more info i guess

http://www.shacknews.com/docs/press/040103_gtasc.x
shacknews.com wrote:Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Sin City

Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), proudly announces Grand Theft Auto: Sin City, the follow-up to the global blockbuster title Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Grand Theft Auto: Sin City is the latest installment in the gaming franchise that has exceeded 30 million units in total sales to-date. It will be available exclusively for PlayStation®2 and is expected to hit retail shelves in the United States on October 21st.

Grand Theft Auto: Sin City will surpass the unprecedented gameplay, cinematic graphics and immersive audio experience that gamers associate with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, which was released in October 2002 and has rapidly become the fastest selling, highest grossing game for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system to-date, with global sales exceeding 6 million units. Rockstar Games will release additional information about the game’s content at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles this may, however today Rockstar is announcing that this game melds the pitch-perfect gameplay of the Grand Theft Auto franchise with world-renowed artist Frank Miller's Sin City universe.

Sam Houser, the executive producer of the Grand Theft Auto franchise and president of Rockstar Games, commented, "With Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, we really raised the bar on what people have come to expect from a PlayStation®2 title. With source material as rich and fleshed out as Frank Miller's comic series Sin City, we know we're on track to raise that bar all over again."

Les Benzies, the producer of Grand Theft Auto games, noted, "Fans will be absolutely blown away by Grand Theft Auto: Sin City. With Vice City, Rockstar created a living, breathing city of the 80s. With Sin City, it's a whole different ball game."

Sin City creator Frank Miller remarked, "I've been a fan of Rockstar since the first Grand Theft Auto game. It was clear to me that they have the right attitude, and with Grand Theft Auto 3 they created a modern crime masterpiece. I felt honored when they approached me to collaborate on Grand Theft Auto: Sin City, and I am positive that fans of comics and games alike will agree that this is a match made in heaven."

Kelly Sumner, Take-Two Interactive Software’s Chief Executive Officer added, "The Booze, Broads and Bullets' atmosphere of Sin City was an absolute perfect match for the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Fans of the series will be thrilled when they encounter Marv, Hartigan, and the lovely Nancy Callahan, all lovingly rendered in stunning 3D. And of course, Lazlow will be on the radio, having shipped over from Liberty City."

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor, and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation®, PlayStation®2, Xbox™, Nintendo Game Boy Color, Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Game Boy Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through various wholly owned subsidiaries including: Rockstar Games, Rockstar Studios, Gathering of Developers, TalonSoft, Joytech, PopTop, Global Star and under the Take-Two brand name. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Vienna, Copenhagen, Milan, Sydney and Auckland. Take-Two’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Reform Act of 1995: The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws. Such forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them. The words "expect," "anticipate," "believe," "may," "estimate," "intend" and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions including, but not limited to: risks associated with our future growth and operating results; our ability to continue to successfully manage growth and integrate the operations of acquired businesses; the availability of adequate financing to fund periodic cash flow shortages; credit risks; seasonal factors; inventory obsolescence; technological change; competitive factors; product returns; failure of retailers to sell-through our products; the timing of the introduction and availability of the company’s new software products and third-party hardware platforms; market and industry factors adversely affecting the carrying value of our assets; unfavorable general economic conditions (including the current economic downturn); and acts of war and terrorism, any or all of which could have a material adverse effect on our business, operating results and financial condition. Actual operating results may vary significantly from such forward-looking statements. The Company has no obligation to update such forward-looking statements.
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Grand Theft Auto: Sin City will surpass the unprecedented gameplay, cinematic graphics and immersive audio experience that gamers associate with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Then why the hell are they using the PS2 ???? It's a pretty limited system if they're looking for "unprecendented gameplay, graphics" etc.

Stupid asses.

Should be on the PC.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Um... Your comment does not apply to any of these current systems... Even the GameCube has awesome graphics... The PC is no longer the biggest and best...

Remember that the current systems all hold "PC" parts... Even more so these "PC" parts are made only for game play reasons... The system boots and that takes whatever of the processor to boot that's "special" and then it goes right into game play... No stupid background proecessor power... And even if there is both the Intel and the game developer know EXACTLY what they are so they WON'T conflict...

When a developer is trying for the biggest and best graphics... I would take the PS2 second only to the XBox any day.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

PhaseDMA wrote:Um... Your comment does not apply to any of these current systems... Even the GameCube has awesome graphics... The PC is no longer the biggest and best...

Remember that the current systems all hold "PC" parts... Even more so these "PC" parts are made only for game play reasons... The system boots and that takes whatever of the processor to boot that's "special" and then it goes right into game play... No stupid background proecessor power... And even if there is both the Intel and the game developer know EXACTLY what they are so they WON'T conflict...

When a developer is trying for the biggest and best graphics... I would take the PS2 second only to the XBox any day.
if i remember correctly, the graphics output of the PS2 is about the same as the N64...quite a bit less than the gamecube and far less than the XBox. though i must say SONY deserves a pat on the back for the controller design. probably the best ever. M$ gets the award for crappiest controller.

anyway...the PS2 is not a powerful gaming machine at all. the only reason its worth having is the genius game designers. id rather have an emulator.

it looks like thats going to change for the PS3 ( http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.05/gs3.html ). 16 times the resolution of the PS2's (the article implies the PS2's resolution is 480 by 270...which i hope isnt true, because thats really crappy)
SNES NINJA
Just Registered
Just Registered

PCS AND CONSOLES

Post by SNES NINJA »

:o you guys are KAH-RAZY....pcs and consoles are completely different markets and should NEVER be held against each other... Something about a nice warm console controller is the greatest... I was raised on nintendo...xmas 90 i got a super nintendo...retail price $300... PCS will never beat consoles in games... the interface cannot be replicated....how many ppl kick back in the lazy boy or on the couch when using their computer? not many!!!!
"PCS are tools and CONSOLES are toys"
..............................................................................................really really fun toys.....
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

....Your point is?

I was raised on a Nintendo. I still have that very same NES. In fact, I'm still very loyal to Nintendo. But PC games are just better in every sense. Better graphics, better gameplay, better everything.

I prefer buying a game on PC than on a console. I have more PC games than I do all my console games combined. And that includes my NES, Super Nintendo, Genesis, Sega CD, PSX, PS2, GCN, and GBA-SP.

Sure, some games may be more fun to play on a console, but you find more hardcore PC gamers than you do console gamers. I'm one of them.

A console is nothing more than a toy. It has one purpose and one purpose alone. A PC not only is a gaming device, but it is also your word processor, communications device, copy machine, stereo system, heater, etc...

Nice try though. But apparently you're too big of a fanboy to realize the future. Stop living in 1990.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

:roll: Apparently you have not noticed the much faster growth of the console over the PC...

The console companies are doing something that the PC can't do very well... They tell Intel... "I want the console to do this and this, and want you to make the perfect chip for it". Intel can do that, and it's fairly simple..

Now... Look at the PC... Intel has to go "Well Windows runs about 22 background processes at any given moment... Then we need to throw in the many more that people are going to run... We also have to allow for programs that crash because it's not controlled enough... Now that we got that done lets move onto the big programs that are using 87% on a 1.6 GHz system... How to make that run in the best condition...".

And you try to tell me the PC will win?!
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

PhaseDMA wrote::roll: Apparently you have not noticed the much faster growth of the console over the PC...

And you try to tell me the PC will win?!
Yes. A console is a one-trick horse. PCs can do so much more. And as far as gaming goes, PCs still have the most advanced graphics. All an xBox is is a GF3 on steroids. Yes, an nVidia GeForce3. That's what the xBox is based on. It's just got much faster memory than it's PC sibling.

PC games always look better than on a console. They run better (for the most part), and look better.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You do realize you agree but yet said that the PC was better again right?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

-_- CRAP Split into OT Forum -_-

The rest of it is here:
http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=5117