Problem with AIM and it's making me mad

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DaFees

Problem with AIM and it's making me mad

Post by DaFees »

I have this problem with AIM that when I try and send an IM to certain people they don't get the message, and neither can they send me a message, if they try to send me a message they get the error that says I'm not available when I am clearly online. I am using AIM 4.8 with AIM+, and yes I have tried different versions and have tried without AIM+, and I'm not sure if I have it setup right but I think I'm not behind a firewall. . . Also I must add this problem doesn't always occur, but only recently has it occured and one rare occasions has it not occured, and well I want to know what the heck is going on because it is making me mad!!!

(P.S. AIM+ is cool)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

My AIM --> Edit Options --> Edit Preferences

Category --> Privacy --> Block the users below

Just make sure he is not on that list. Then if that doesn't work come back.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DaFees

Post by DaFees »

To be more specific this person is a she and no I do not have her blocked
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

If it's a random occurance.. I'd say it's more of an AIM problem...

Sometimes when you're talking to people, and I know for a fact, that when others get Online or Offline (sometimes even both).. it still reports them as Online or Offline. This might be the case for you...

As for the fact part.. I was online for quite a while one time, and then all of a sudden my ISP decided to drop my IP and give me a new one... which makes our house network drop off .. which makes my internet go down.

Anywhoo.. during that process I was in the middle of talking to a friend... and she got all pissed off at me because during that few minute period while I reset the cable box and router, she was still attempting to talk with me... because AIM reported me Online, when in actuality I was Offline.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Have you tried to log on and off real quick to fix the problem...

What does the person being a female friend have to do with it?

And wasted - My computer would crash so often before that people never get mad at me for not responding :-P.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DaFees

Post by DaFees »

Well it doesn't matter the person being a she, but no I have not tried signing on and off real quick, but I know this much she is online, because we can talk to each other if we are both in a chat room at the same time but we can't send messages in a normal IM window
DaFees

Post by DaFees »

I'd like to add a few things to this. . . I only have this problem with this one friend, and she has had this problem with a couple of her other friends as well, so I figured out the problem is not on my end, and well I can't figure out wat's wrong, I know it's at her end, but she claims she has no viruses and that she has tried reinstalling AIM
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't know what could cause this (other then what I have said) but has your friend actually ran a virus scan, or does she just "know"?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DaFees

Post by DaFees »

Well I don't know, I just asked if she had any viruses and she said no, so I don't know exactly but I can ask.