Failed Trying to Clone AIM (finding mutex)

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

KuTieLuVa
Just Registered
Just Registered

Can anyone help??

Post by KuTieLuVa »

I am using XP and I have teh same problem. I dont know why the "finding mutex" keeps coming up... does anyone know how to fix this problem?? I cannot clone because of this... if anyone know what teh problem is.. please tell me. Thanx a lot. :D
Yamitso Zenitsu
Just Registered
Just Registered

Solution

Post by Yamitso Zenitsu »

I think I may have found the solution to this problem, it worked for me. Go to www.aim.com, and at the bottom it should say "Windows 95 users: click here to download AIM 4.8" or something to that effect. Install this AIM. This version should be the one with a more tannish icon on the desktop (or wherever), and have the "Send mail" feature in the buddy list. Download AIM+ (Not sure if it is necessary to re-install, do it just in case), and the problem should be fixed. My apologies if this does not work; I know how frustrating this problem can be. IM me@ Yamitso Zenitsu if you have questions about this.
~Yamitso
kRnxbAbO
Just Registered
Just Registered

heLp~!!

Post by kRnxbAbO »

hey.. i know my post is a little late but it doesn't work and the "solution" doesn't work.. help? I'm using Win ME and I'm getting the error message Failed to clone AIM (finding mutex).... HELP!! :oops: :roll: :o :-? :evil: :( :sad: