Aim + Bug.. I need some MAJOR help!!

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

HollisterHunni69

Aim + Bug.. I need some MAJOR help!!

Post by HollisterHunni69 »

Ok..I have Windows XP and I have an account called Service, basically it's Administrator or whatever, just a different name. So..I installed Aim +.. I got it from Download.com, I went to go on my account..I opened Aim...then got on my screenname, then I clicked the Aim + icon so I could get on my other screenname and this is what it said-Aim+ Registry Settings Corrupt. This is probably caused by a bug in Aim+ - please report it. In the meantime you can re-install Aim+ to correct this (you should not lose any settings). I have re-installed Aim+ I don't know HOW many times..more than 5 though, and it DOESNZ'T help matters. Now after I'm on Aim and Aim + on the Service account..after about 5-10 minutes MAX I get this little message-Runtime Error! Program:C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe abnormal program termination. Then it kicks me off. Even if I sign on again, I get kicked off and it shuts Aim + off. Someone PLEASE help me!! :|
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Try posting with a color that people can read... Good colors are black and... black...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
HollisterHunni69

Ok..I have Windows XP and I have an account called Service, basically it's Administrator or whatever, just a different name. So..I installed Aim +.. I got it from Download.com, I went to go on my account..I opened Aim...then got on my screenname, then I clicked the Aim + icon so I could get on my other screenname and this is what it said-Aim+ Registry Settings Corrupt. This is probably caused by a bug in Aim+ - please report it. In the meantime you can re-install Aim+ to correct this (you should not lose any settings). I have re-installed Aim+ I don't know HOW many times..more than 5 though, and it DOESN'T help matters. Now after I'm on Aim and Aim + on the Service account..after about 5-10 minutes MAX I get this little message-Runtime Error! Program:C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe abnormal program termination. Then it kicks me off. Even if I sign on again, I get kicked off and it shuts Aim + off. Someone PLEASE help me!!

Ok..I posted it in black..is this better?
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

HollisterHunni, wow what a stupid ho.

I see you're from Michigan. Let me take a guess...Grosse Pointe?
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
HollisterHunni69

No..I'm not from Grosse Point.. I used to live there. Actually, I'm from Port Huron.....so YEAH..

You don't even fuckin know me..so how am I a ho?
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

HollisterHunni69 wrote:No..I'm not from Grosse Point.. I used to live there. Actually, I'm from Port Huron.....so YEAH..

You don't even fuckin know me..so how am I a ho?
Hey little girl, want some candy?

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
HollisterHunni69

I don't want any fuckin candy...all I want is some help!!!!!!
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

This is probably caused by a bug in Aim+ - please report it.
notice how the BUG REPORTS are locked.. that is for a reason.

go to search and search for the prob, i think i seen this prob at least a couple times this week, idk, i usually ignore the aim+ problems
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

what do you have running

example
I have Windows XP Home
aim 5.5.3415

i don't use aim+ anymore since it is outdated and not updated... kind of a newer version of it is.

try Middle_MaN
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

HollisterHunni69 wrote:I don't want any fuckin candy...all I want is some help!!!!!!
Here's some help...

Go down Mack.
Find black man.
Buy drugs.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
HollisterHunni69

Ok..sorry, but NO. I don't do drugs, I might be into black guys..but I'm not into drugs.... :evil:
HollisterHunni69

[]DaT_MaNN03-----
Yeah, I have Windows XP..idk what version though. My computers brand new..so probably the latest version.....and I have the newest version of AIM...
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

HollisterHunni69 wrote:Ok..sorry, but NO. I don't do drugs, I might be into black guys..but I'm not into drugs.... :evil:
Kracka say what?

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

HollisterHunni69:

The runtime error is caused by using AIM version 5.x or higher.
If you want it to go away, the gods suggest downgrading to version 4.8.2790; which just happens to be the last version supported by AIM+. Anything in the 5.x series, AOL coded AIM to break AIM+, thus your error messages.

As for the corrupted registry settings, you can't do much about that unless you intend to go in the Registry and fix it yourself; which is not recommended unless you're a computer genious. Otherwise you might break something. :roll:

Hope that helps. :)
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

runtime error is only in 5.2 i belive and not 5.1
BigHead
~2592~