Sigh, help please.

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Derku
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sigh, help please.

Post by Derku »

Okay, for about 4 hours I've been searching for an expander of the .SFV file. I've seen many checkers and those that COMPRESS files INTO .SFV, but none that expand them.

I have roughly 200 files that I need to have expanded out of .SFV file so I can use them, but I can't seem to find anyone anywhere that knows the answer. I've tried 3 different message boards, with no luck.

Can anyone please help me?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

hmmm.... this may just be me.... but isnt an SFV just a LIST OF FILES??

:roll:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Re: Sigh, help please.

Post by fuuucckkers »

Derku wrote:Okay, for about 4 hours I've been searching for an expander of the .SFV file. I've seen many checkers and those that COMPRESS files INTO .SFV, but none that expand them.

I have roughly 200 files that I need to have expanded out of .SFV file so I can use them, but I can't seem to find anyone anywhere that knows the answer. I've tried 3 different message boards, with no luck.

Can anyone please help me?
First off, you posted in the wrong forum.

But anywhooo..
What exactly do you mean by compress and expand(?); by that I think you mean uncompress.

But SFV has nothing to do with compressed files..
SFV is for file verification.
Derku
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Derku »

Okay, here's what I mean...

I have a game (Knights of the Old Republic) on my Comp, and all the files are in .SFV, I don't know how to use .SFV at all.

They are either in .SFV, or .(insert a number here)

So, I'm REALLY confused as to what to do here.

Also, about posting in the wrong forum, I didn't know exactly where to go considering I'm new here, so I just posted it in General.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Ok .. well to me it sounds like you downloaded a game from the net, and it's split into a ton of compressed archives. Now the file type being SFV is probably just changed because of wherever the files were hosted.. so they don't get in trouble.

Normally when you have a ton of files like that.. especially when downloaded from the net, it's either in ACE format, or RAR format.
.RAR, R01, R02, etc. What you need to do download one of these archiving programs, or all of them... and try opening these files(archives) with one of the programs to see if it works.