Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

cbs not supporting anti bush commercials

Post by Jrrtt37 »

http://forum.jrrtt37.com/viewtopic.php?t=37

i started the topic on my forum, and i figured it would get some good debat on here.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Intresting...

Viacom owns CBS...

Viacom also owns MTV...

MTV controls all of Viacom's Cable TV stations (MTVs, VH1s, Spike TV, Nick, Nick at Nite)... This is quite a large amount of stations, that span a lot of age markets...

MTV is very vocal about voting... Will they still air things like this?

The President should not be attacked, especially when he is doing a good job... He isn't? You try to deal with the BS that he could not prevent, and then come back to talk to me.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

www.bushin30seconds.org

if that's what you're referring to

I think the reason that CBS didnt want to air the winner is because it has nothing to do with bush and is just stupid
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

No contact page huh?

For anyone that cares - eli.pariser@moveon.org - It covers both moveon.org , and the bush 30 seconds site.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

I actually found the Bush in 30 Seconds spots to be very intelligent, well-produced looks at the politics of the Bush administration.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You know why something like this comes about?

I'll tell you why - Because the Democrats couldn't dare speak the truth to attack the President. Why? Because everything that is bad about the President the stupid Democrats do 10x worse.

Perhaps someone can show me why this piece of trash is right? There are very few stations that actually are for the President.

geeeez
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

Fox news, thats one channel i like.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh... And this place lies too... As if I didn't hate them enough already:

http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0 ... l[quote]It looks an awful lot like CBS is playing politics with the right to free speech," Move-On.org staffers wrote in a note Thursday to the group's 2.3 million members around the world.

Actually, the bill passed Thursday by the Senate caps the Fox and CBS networks at their current levels of reaching about 39 percent of the national audience. This supersedes the Federal Communications Commis-sion's decision to lift the cap to 45 percent from 35 percent; some lawmakers had wanted to roll the increase back completely. [/quote]
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

From CNN:
"I wanted to point out how the Republican administration are big spenders, and it's my children and your children who are going to be footing the bill," said the winner, Charlie Fisher, a former Internet advertising executive.
That's kinda diffrent from what most people are getting from it I think...

Perhaps the dogs and cats should be paying it off... Or maybe every horse...

Better yet... Maybe it will disapear...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

PhaseDMA wrote:I'll tell you why - Because the Democrats couldn't dare speak the truth to attack the President. Why? Because everything that is bad about the President the stupid Democrats do 10x worse.
Or maybe because when you do speak out, it has disastrous consequences.

Remember that Nigerian diplomat that spoke out against Bush's claiming that Iraq was trying to buy Uranium? Bush Administration officials released the identity of his wife, who was an undercover CIA operative, that could've possibly resulted in her death and the deaths of those around her. That's what happens when you speak out against Bush -- he gets revenge.

As for things that are ten times worse...name something. What have the Dems done that are ten times worse than lying about WMD's to start a war with Iraq? What's worse that squandering our surplus so we have a $500 billion deficit this year? This isn't just a rhetorical question -- I mean, if you're going to make statements like that, I'd like to hear you defend them, please.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Sure Bush has made mistakes... I don't think any one will argue about it... My family for the most part is hard core Republican, but that doesn't mean we agree with everything he does, or even like everything he does...

So how about this... Your Democrats are so good... What GOOD are they doing? Lying? Turning their back so they can run for President? Is this what you find good in a would be President?

I would hope that any one that is affilated with the Democrats would take a long time to think what they are doing... I have, and will continue to say - The current Democrats are the worse bunch of people I have ever seen attempt to become President.

Until that above statement changes - There is nothing the Democrats as a group can do to make me think they are ANY better then who is in office.... If I couldn't vote for Bush for some reason, I assure you - I would vote for Nader before any of those stupid Democrats - Or worse yet - Not even vote.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

PhaseDMA wrote:So how about this... Your Democrats are so good... What GOOD are they doing? Lying? Turning their back so they can run for President? Is this what you find good in a would be President?
Oh, I don't agree with the Dems as a collective whole either. They easily could've stopped this foolish war with Iraq had they stuck together, and probably defeated the damned Patriot Act as well. I think they've done some good for the country over the past few years, more than the Republicans, but really, I don't side with any major political party. They all try to appease to everyone, and in the end, Dems and Republicans are all the same anyway.

Having said that, I am a registered Democrat just for the fact that my friend's dad, whom I know very well, is running for Congress in our district and needs signatures on his petition, as well as help for his campaign -- and since I am going to be a Political Science major next year, he's offered me a position on his campaign staff, but it would look better if I were a Democrat. Next election, I'm switching to Independent. I've taken a long look at the three biggest political parties in the US (Democrat, Republican, and Libertarian) and I don't completely agree with any of them.

So I only disagree with the statement that Bush and the Republicans have done a fairly good job; I, too, am disillusioned by Democrats, and I am skeptical that our Democratic politicians can do much better.
J3utton
Addict
Addict

Post by J3utton »

Michael wrote: As for things that are ten times worse...name something. What have the Dems done that are ten times worse than lying about WMD's to start a war with Iraq? What's worse that squandering our surplus so we have a $500 billion deficit this year? This isn't just a rhetorical question -- I mean, if you're going to make statements like that, I'd like to hear you defend them, please.
Oh, this is going to be fun..... :)

What have democrats done that are 10 times worse? Ok, lets start counteracting your comment about WMD's. NOBODY has proven WMD's were not in iraq prior to the war, until you can prove me that, your argument is void. Saddam had ample time to move his stash into neighboring syria before the start of the war. Im not going to bebate justification for the war, but if your telling me the people of iraq are not better off now then they were two years ago, then Id like to see you live under an oppresive dictator while his sons rape your wife and daughter.

Now for the thing 10 times worse. How about ignoring a genocide in kosovo, until somebody needed to take some media attention off of himself. On top of that, lying under oath, cheating on his wife. These are characteristics of what most liberals call the greatest president ever. Lets not mention that Bush's spending doesn't even compare to the amount Clinton spent, Lets also keep in mind taxation was the highest its ever been under clintons administration. Lets also keep in mind that the past 2 years of clintons administration the economy was falling apart. Let also keep in mind that the economy has been steadily increasing under Bush.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

you people are getting everything wrong. the President has next to zero control over the economy yet people fully blame them for it. It call the Buniness cycle and it going to happen no mater what. Also Bushes admention spent all the suplus the Clinton admintion made and it took bush less than a year to do it. Also bush is pretty much hated across the world. I personly would like to go to eurpoup with out be hated. I happen to really like the contrys of France and Germany. Clinton was a horble person but he was one one of the best presidents
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Clintion was one of the worst Presidents....

People that are Democrats will say anything I swear to make their party look good. They just hope no one notices the major flaws...

As far as wanting France on our side - I don't know what world you live in, but France is one of, if not the last major country that I would pick in dodge ball :lol: . The second France (ever) hears about war they run straight for the hills...

Germany is a nice country to have, but their not as importent as people may think...

As far as saying WMD was the reason for going into Iraq - Who really gives why we went in?... As long as the civil, and right thing is accomplished which it was... People bring up the WMD issue all the time, when what the real issue is - A) They don't like Bush
B) People are dying from the United States

Well:
A) Get a life
B) It's a fact of life - At least your not dying with them, because Bush didn't move in
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ