NEW Final Release Version 5.5.3572

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

NEW Final Release Version 5.5.3572

Post by MikeZed »

http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win/latest_win.adp?aolp=

Whats up with the new AIM button on the buddy list? Luckily, I don't use AIM anymore. Trillian owns!

Use one Buddy List® Window for all your AIM Identities!
Use more than one AIM Screen Name/Identity. At work you're LawyerLisa783, at home you're LisaHome783. With the new AIM service, sign-in once, and all your AIM Identities are online at the same time ... in the same Buddy List!

Whats that? Is that aliases?
We're taking IM to the next level ... YT?
Is AIM trying to be like Timeless?

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

aim is turning in to crap in my opinion, adding more crap then what people are going to use.

just to say that "I have the NEW verison" they should of just kept 4.8 cause and just fixed bugs as they came up. then it would of been good. but no, we need ULTIMATE SUPER TO THE MAX YO AIM

T R I L L I A N
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Seems pretty cool to me.
Instead of Cloning, now you just sign on all your names at once.

And they keep mentioning 'Identities'. I think they'ved finally added Aliases too.

Also.. they've finally added the invisibilty feature, what YahooIM has had forever.

Does anyone else notice, that AIM is starting to come out with all these features, but only after they'ved "merged?" with DeadAIM?? :|
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:Seems pretty cool to me.

And they keep mentioning 'Identities'. I think they'ved finally added Aliases too.

Also.. they've finally added the invisibilty feature, what YahooIM has had forever.

Does anyone else notice, that AIM is starting to come out with all these features, but only after they'ved "merged?" with DeadAIM?? :|
Dude, you don't need to merge with a company to get features. AIM has always had logging. AOL is a huge company with a lot of people. Theres absolutely no proof that DeadAIM is with AOL. Have you read AIM's NEW TOS? Try reading it.

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
* K a i T *

Post by * K a i T * »

Is it worth it? Cuz I don't really wanna download it...I'll still clone...
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

MikeZed wrote:
x Wasted Mind x wrote:Seems pretty cool to me.

Dude, you don't need to merge with a company to get features. AIM has always had logging. AOL is a huge company with a lot of people. Theres absolutely no proof that DeadAIM is with AOL. Have you read AIM's NEW TOS? Try reading it.
You got a point there..
No I haven't read their new ToS. -- Who does?
I don't think anyone in their right mind would read all that legal crap. I just click Accept and install it anyway.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I every once in a while will read that kind of junk.

Mostly when I'm really intrested in something.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
XMenKMan

Post by XMenKMan »

Who the HELL needs AIM+ anymore. I was the biggest fan of AIM+ for the longest time, even way after they said they wouldn't make a new AIM+. I was even yelling at people telling us to switch. And I sure remember everyone kept saying "Watch Big-O, there going to come out with something HUGE!" Uh, the last update was well over 1 year ago for any program Big-O has. So after a few months, I figured I'd give DeadAim a try, back then when it was free. It had more features then this and says, we're hear and we are going to keep updating. And for those that say DeadAim is or isn't in bed with AOL, that I don't know. I bet there is evidence on both sides to suggest they are right. But when the last AIM update went out, 3 days later DeadAIM had an update for it. Thats a mighty quick time to change things, de-bug and release it. Yeah, i know, its 5 bucks and its only good for 1 year of update, but come on, i bet most people spend more then 5 dollars a year for a single computer program that they use every day. So unless Big-O does something that would warrant still having a web site, which i doubt it would, you guys might as well update to AIM 5.2 (AIM 5.5 isn't supported yet) and pay the lousy 5 bucks and get DeadAIM 4.1.
2002 - 3rd Baritone Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps
2003 - Lead Baritone Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps
"When all else is gone, the Bones still remain..."
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You done with your tangent?

Good... Now - DeadAIM is not the best... It never will be the best...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

i always love when the newbies state their opinion, it means.. so much to me, deep down inside... :|
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

hahaha........

yes, well..... in all honesty.... AIM+ seems to be the most compatible with what ive been working on it with. (in terms of OS'es)

AIM 4.8 and AIM+ were a match made in heaven...... and until Middle Man comes out of beta, im gonna be sticking with what i have

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
* K a i T *

Post by * K a i T * »

Jrrtt37 wrote:i always love when the newbies state their opinion, it means.. so much to me, deep down inside... :|
Should I state MY opinion?
<3 Kait

---
I should add something here.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

* K a i T * wrote:Should I state MY opinion?
Why wouldn't you?
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

hey kait, if everyone likes you alerady, and youve only been on the board for a couple of days, then i think you can go ahead and state any "newbie" opinions you have, and noone will get upset with you

as for me, i still cant state my opinion
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
jacob5150
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by jacob5150 »

I am a newbie here, and i have to say AIM+ is sweet, i am not going to upgrade to 5.5, i have 5.2 now, but i've been reading on here that to fully use AIM+ to use 4.7 ...the only problem i am having with AIM+ using 5.2 is the history log thing, and i don't really need that , so i'm happy, :lol: