how many more?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

how many more?

Post by Jrrtt37 »

How many more AIM version do you think will be out till they just stop or are just no more.. were on what? version 5.5. how many more?
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Actually we are more at like the billionth build ;).

However I doubt they will stop releasing AIM any time soon. Seeing as the (I would assume) have the most money coming as a instant messenger then any other, I highly doubt they would be the first of the major 3 to drop out...

Yahoo! seems quite happy with their instant messenger. It goes along with what they do, which is provide lots of free services. I could have see a pay version (which a free version) come out sooner then later.

MSN seems happy with their program also. They have a lot of loyal users. Perhaps more then AIM (But in the business world it doesn't matter if their loyal... As long as they click those ads...).

AIM has the largest user base by far. Eventually people will forget the days when AIM and ICQ did not work together. With the largest user base you got a nice claim in the market, and since it costs AOL very little (in the big scheme of things) I don't see any reason they would back out, before everyone else.

In short, AIM is here to stay for a long time.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

AIM doesn't make money though... it's aol that does, at least i thought so, i know they don't have tech support for the program. i don't see what is in it for them.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

AIM is AOL...

It's like calling Road Runner just Road Runner. Time Warner still brings in money for them. Plus AIM was made so AOL users could talk to the outside world. Not for the outside world to talk to AOL users. It would be pretty quiet though if AIM users couldn't reply back ;).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

also the ads in aim bring money in for aol because companys pay for the ads to be there and everytime a user clicks on the ad more money is brought in
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

i can see ads bringing in money
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON