custom sound import....????

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

BigDaddy555

custom sound import....????

Post by BigDaddy555 »

Ive tried to place my own outgoing sound clip that I created. However, when I browse my files and select it it says "that is not an OFFICIAL AIM sound" and will not let me use it as my outgoing sound for others to hear. Is there any way around this, so that I can use these Ive created?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

......stupid aim 5

the answer is most likely no. Unless you make the whole expression to go with maybe?

ierno.

sounds like it'd be a pain in the ass to even bother if ya ask me, but watever. im still an aim 4.8 user. meh

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
BigDaddy555

Post by BigDaddy555 »

so will 4.8 let me do that? Can I intall 4.8 w/o removing 5.5? Seems like there is a lot you cannot do with versions 5+...........Thanks
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Yeah, you can install 4.8 without uninstalling 5.5. During the install process, it gives you the option to install into a different folder. Make it something like C:\Program Files\AIM4. Both AIM's still work.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

but you cannot use expressions in aim 4.8

nor the spiffy smiliy faces

its just.... plain.... ol'..... aim.....

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
dataiscorrupt

stupid AIM

Post by dataiscorrupt »

You might be able to just try making your sound file look exactly like the AIM sound file (same name and all) I Haven't ever tried what you are talking about in AIM so I may be very off, but in other programs sometimes you can fool it into thinking it is the file that it is not.
geek (gek), n. Slang. 1. a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken. 2. person; fellow. [prob. var. of Scot geck fool]
www.eleventhwhisper.com
dataiscorrupt

hmm

Post by dataiscorrupt »

Ok, well I just tried what you are talking about and I have 5.2 AIM and it worked just fine, did you make sure that the file you are trying to use is the same type of format as the aim sounds use and maybe even place them into the AIM folder, but if this doesn't fix it, by all means get as far away from the real AIM as possible, in fact, you should prob just do that anyway.
geek (gek), n. Slang. 1. a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken. 2. person; fellow. [prob. var. of Scot geck fool]
www.eleventhwhisper.com