please help me again

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

BaBy_GuRlIe

please help me again

Post by BaBy_GuRlIe »

ok so my computer is going really slow latley. i have alot of music on it, i also have videos and stuff, i was told if i got rid of ad-ware it would go faster. its not really working, cuz i have the lavasoft program but it doesnt help, what else can i do so i can speed my computer up more? any programs?

there are also things on my computer that just seam to intsall on their own and i have no idea how to remove that

i have windows xp if thats any help

thank you :cheesy:
@-->--- NiCoLe
dataiscorrupt

User Error

Post by dataiscorrupt »

I would name this as a user error, ADAWARE will not slow down your computer, so that wouldn't be it. Ok a few questions to try and narrow it down...
1. was it slow b4 you got xp or did you notice this is an only xp problem
2. is it slow all the time, or just in vids/music

For the problem with downloading random stuff, besure you know about the companies you download from, and don't get anything you don't know what it is. Try to get somekind of anti virus software. Keep using ADAWARE, but getting a spy bot might help too. Since XP is newest, everyone is out to get it, especially when it comes to viruses. Umm lets see, what else...You could just not have enough ram or your hd is full of junk, sometimes a defrag will help a person, but it doesn't always. We cant help you unless you give us a little more to work with.
geek (gek), n. Slang. 1. a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken. 2. person; fellow. [prob. var. of Scot geck fool]
www.eleventhwhisper.com
BaBy_GuRlIe

Post by BaBy_GuRlIe »

thank you, "dataiscorrupt"

im not at all good with computers. i bought my computer with windows xp. ita a compac presario its maybe like 2 years old. um, when i first start my computer some programs say that they are not responding becaouse it was working on something else. or kazaa just freezez up. i dont know what else to say maybe if you ask me i can probably answer your questions so maybe i can get more help. i whent threw my computer and deleted a few peaces of "junk" and its a little better.

now a question: how can i put more memory on my compuer? cuz that may b the problem, like i said i was told that there are programs, what can i do now?
@-->--- NiCoLe
dataiscorrupt

stuff

Post by dataiscorrupt »

Ok, first, go right click on My Computer in the start menu and choose properties, then it should tell you info on the comp in the first tab and it should say a certain amout of RAM at the bottom. Second, RAM is NOT a program, no offence, but you should know this. If you look at what I have said, and it's lower than 128, then that it probably your problem, but if you bought it with XP then I doubt that is the case, I would say that you probably just have bunch of junk (spyware, ads, auto installed programs that you don't need) and depending on how you keep all your info, I would burn it all on a few CDs and start over, but thats just me and I keep all my stuff on a separate drive, but since you didn't know that RAM is a component in the computer then that would prob be more trouble to explain then it is worth.
You could also press ctr-alt-delete and see what all is running and most likely you will have more than you need there.
geek (gek), n. Slang. 1. a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken. 2. person; fellow. [prob. var. of Scot geck fool]
www.eleventhwhisper.com
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

do you use kazaa or kazaa lite?
personally i think kazaa all together is going down the drain
i prefer to use irc or mlnet(connects to all p2p networks)
and if you computer is going slow because of ram, like what dataiscorrupt said, you may be running more than you need to, haveing lots of stuff on you hard drive wont slow it down, but running alot will, to give you an idea, look at your start bar by the clock, and if there are alot of icons there you are running to much, all i basically have is my instant messanger, wireless net, and kazaa, even though i have a cheesy pentium 2, it runs pretty well
im not sure if any of this made sense cuz i started rambling and i dont feel like rereading it, but if it does make sense and it helps you, then i'm glad i can help, ok, bye
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
BaBy_GuRlIe

Post by BaBy_GuRlIe »

yea i know that ram isnt a software. its a componet to the comp. but what i asked was how gan i get more? my computer had 512 GB of ram. but your right ima put alot of my stuff on disks, thank you guyz

isnt there a program other than kazza that is better for downloading music better, faster and uses less space?
@-->--- NiCoLe
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

What the.... If you can't read it then we can't....

PS I highly doubt you have 512 GBs of RAM ;)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

BG... there are lots of software titles that do the same thing as kazaa.... but they are mostly more complicated.

What you give up in usability, you gain in power. Basic law of computing.

and anthony..... be nice to the megagiga-dyslexism challenged

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
BaBy_GuRlIe

Post by BaBy_GuRlIe »

you told me to right click so thats what it said, like i said i dont know much about computers. but thankx for all your help.

i feel so gay :roll: :sad:
@-->--- NiCoLe
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

I'd like 512GB of ram roo :o
BigHead
~2592~
dataiscorrupt

Post by dataiscorrupt »

Lol, if you have 512, then its definatly not the ram. I would say the conclusion to this delima is the fact that you have too much junk that you need to get rid of so that it will stop running. I told you to also check your tasks to see if you had more than about 20 if you have everything off and you arn't doing anything.
www.eleventhwhisper.com
BaBy_GuRlIe

Post by BaBy_GuRlIe »

well, thank you for all of your help i deleted alot of crap and infact its worken better. :cheesy:
@-->--- NiCoLe
the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

IRC is sweet, its on Trillian and ya its much better than kazaa and all them, i agree with rokbass :D
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

IRC is good for chatting too :|
BigHead
~2592~
BaBy_GuRlIe

Post by BaBy_GuRlIe »

were can i download that?
@-->--- NiCoLe