MD5 sum function is not MD5!

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

marz

MD5 sum function is not MD5!

Post by marz »

Maybe I'm missing a preference, but it seems to me the MD5 sum function of hkSFV 2.0.1 is not MD5!

When I change a file without changing the time stamp, hkSFV accepts the file as being correct!

When I change a file-name without changing the content, hkSFV rejects the file as being in-correct!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

So if the file is the same, it says it is okay, and if the file is bad it says it is... bad?

That's insane...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
marz

Post by marz »

Sorry, but when you read my post more carefully, you'll notice, I exactly mean the opposite of what you interpreted!
In case I also misunderstood your reply, and you were asking me to be more specific.

When I change the tag of a random mp3-file with Tag&Rename, where I selected "Don't change file timestamp on saving tags" the MD5sum is (according to other tools) changed. hkSVF however doesn't report the change!
On the other hand when I change the filename and the MD5sum is according to the specs unchanged. hkSVF reports a bad file while the MD5sum is still the same.

To be honest, although your program does create a MD5sum, I guess it is in fact only checking the filename and the "modified" timestamp.
DeeLight-

Post by DeeLight- »

Try unchecking: Tools > Use Cached Results

Once you modify the tags, it will tell you the file has changed.
marz

Post by marz »

DeeLight- wrote:Try unchecking: Tools > Use Cached Results

Once you modify the tags, it will tell you the file has changed.
You are absolutly right!

Erm, by disabling this "Cached Results", whatever it is, the hksvf.exe won't exit and will eat all CPU-power (99%)

So, since the last version dates from 2002, I guess there will be no fix, and therefore: EXIT HKSFV!
Attachments
bugware.jpg
bugware.jpg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

marz wrote:Sorry, but when you read my post more carefully, you'll notice, I exactly mean the opposite of what you interpreted!
In case I also misunderstood your reply, and you were asking me to be more specific.

When I change the tag of a random mp3-file with Tag&Rename, where I selected "Don't change file timestamp on saving tags" the MD5sum is (according to other tools) changed. hkSVF however doesn't report the change!
On the other hand when I change the filename and the MD5sum is according to the specs unchanged. hkSVF reports a bad file while the MD5sum is still the same.

To be honest, although your program does create a MD5sum, I guess it is in fact only checking the filename and the "modified" timestamp.
marz - The program does tag files with changed ID3 tags as corrupt. If you search the forums, you will actually find complaints as such.

Second, Windows is causing the program to crash - I have the same exact issue with Outlook.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Lada

Richest Franchise in Sport

Post by Lada »

what kind of sport is this? i ve never heard about it and never seen it...
I like - football, tennis, freeinternet.250free.com figure skating, extreme sports
Dislike - hockey, basketball, car racing, box and all the rest