printing problems

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

the_few_the_many369

printing problems

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

Hey, humm ok question. When I try to print anything such as from a word processor, or a website. Nothing happens like it will say processing starting or something, and then nothing will happen. It wont even begin to start printing. I tryed to unistall the printer, and then reinstall it. But it still doesn't work. So, I'm thinking it might be a driver issue, but I haven't downloaded them yet beacuse its a 18mb file and with dial up....well u know :roll:. So, I was wondering what you all intelligent computer scientists have to recommend? Thanks!!!!!
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

How exactly are you installing a printer without using the drivers? I'd say download them, if you don't want to do it on your dial-up, use a friend's cable/dsl?
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

How about using the CD which came with the printer? It has the drivers on it. :roll: :roll:

Or if you don't have the CD anymore... you can most likely purchase a new copy from the Manufacturers Website. It's normally like $5 or $10 bucks.
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

it may sound stupid, but whats it going to hurt. but check to see if it's attached to the computer.

i've gone two days trying to figure out why my printer would not print, then i actually looked back, and saw that it wasn't attached to my comp. :roll: :|
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Jrrtt37 wrote:it may sound stupid, but whats it going to hurt. but check to see if it's attached to the computer.

i've gone two days trying to figure out why my printer would not print, then i actually looked back, and saw that it wasn't attached to my comp. :roll: :|
My dad did that once, couldn't figure out what was wrong to save his life. I said "Well is it plugged in..?" and he shot me a dirty look, said "of course it's plugged in, I'm not stupid." Turns out, it wasn't plugged in.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
the_few_the_many369

First things first, ok yes it is plugged into my computer I did check that again. (It makes the little beep noise, but I dont see a blimp that says found new hardware Compaq IJ650, like I know it did before) And also, I unistalled the printer and then i reinstalled it with the disk. Sorry for not making my self clear. And also I download 1 driver update from the website that was like 5mb or something and all it did was like unistall the printer I guess. Because it came up with the unistall wizzard and wanted me to restart my computer, and I did, and then the printer was still there under printer's and faxes in the controll pannel, so idk what it did. By the way, now like 5 min. after I start the printing task, it comes up and says that the printing task can not be completed or something and then the printer properties pops up and freezes, and it takes forever for me to end the task.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... 626&os=228
There's the site for the driver updats or w/e, but I dont see them very usefull, so help me out again please smart guys!!! I know you can help me!!!!!
the_few_the_many369

oh patiently waiting....................... :roll: