Problems with hkSFV & Windows media player 9

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

kel

Problems with hkSFV & Windows media player 9

Post by kel »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I downloaded some MP3s with an SFV with them so I downloaded hkSFV and checked them with it. All the MP3s checked out O.K. After that I played them in windows media player 9 and then for for some reason that I can't remember I checked the MP3s again straight after I had played them with hkSFV. The problem is that this time all the files cheked out bad. I know that it is WM9 causing the problem because I've tried this scenario with some other MP3s and it does the same. I can't understand how WM9 is changing the files as the update media info option is turned off so it should not change the files in any way. Does this mean I will have to download the MP3s again?

kel.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

WMP9 does that security crap where it makes it so you cant share your mp3's or sumthin like that i think, so yesl... it does change your mp3's

and since file files are being changed, of course hksfv is gonna say theyre bad..... they dont match the original md5 hash. doesnt mean they are bad jsut means they arnt what they were originally supposed to be i guess

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I doubt anything "major" has changed - Just Microsoft being it's typical self and doing what it thinks is best - What that "best" thing is - That's beyond me.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
kel

Post by kel »

Thanks for answering my question so quick. I'm gonna download winamp when I get some spare time and see if that does any differant. Everybodys always saying winamp is better anyway, dont know why I haven't had a look at it before.

kel.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

winamp is way better.......... wmp tries to take over your system :|

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
kel

Post by kel »

I've dowloaded winamp and problem solved. It doesn't do anything to the files and they all checkout O.K. in hkSFV after they have been played.

Your right Plasma it is way better than WMP. The GUI and options are better aswell. I'll be sticking with it from now on.

Thanks for the help everyone and thanks to whoever made hkSFV for the program. It's just what I needed as I kept finding SFV files in my downloads and did not know how to use them until I found hkSFV.

kel. :D
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

as bad as this sounds I dont use Winamp that much any more. Itunes is what I use to play all my mp3 and music files (it library is by far the best I have ever seen)
WinDVD is used to play DVDs and WMP10 is used to play avi files and what not
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas