PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

:( saddened greatly.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Jrrtt37 wrote:
Timelessblur wrote:
Umm Thunderbird is a separt program. I am using Firefox but I dont have thunderbird installed. I did download thunderbird and looked at it. I found it was weak compared to outlook and it just lack some of the stuff I used outlook for.

So Thunderbird is not worth using, compared to outlook.

Well it all depends I started looking into thurderbird but it just lack some of the power outlook had. Mind you I prouble just gave up really looking into it it may be there but I just dont find it as powerful as out look. I am also doing some of the more advance stuff in outlook most people never bother with.

I will say I do love my pop3 yahoo acount I have makes live very nice just downloading all my email. (mind you I go though SBC and we kind of pay them money so yeah....I do want my dads 2gig inbox though.....)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

outlook and outlook express suck, theyre too n00bish... almost anything is better than those two

[add]
i use thunderbird, its multi email support is far better than outlook express. its sitll missing some things, but id rather use thunderbird than oe.

there was some service to get your hotmail addressbook and emails to thunderbird but i forgot what it iwas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Have you also noticed that Thunderbird is only at version 0.7.1 ?

Outlook and Outlook Express have been shipped with Windows and in development.......since, somewhere around 1995? ala Windows 95. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was installed along with Windows 3.1 as well.

You've gota be fuckin kidding me, of course Outlook and Outlook Express are gona be more featured and work better.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

dude, that doesnt matter, #1, theyre from microsoft

also, just because theres a newer version, doesnt mean its better

remember winamp3 and how much that sucked?
what about those that thin windows xp blows?

just cuz its newer isnt better, or just because its been around longer doesnt make it better.

mozilla group can start out better than oe did, because they know what uses like more, and can start w/ that. yes its less stable than oe, but its better than oe because oe sux @ having multi emails, and outlook, everything is a wizard....

newer != better
older != better
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Well taking away everything microsoft sucks that everyone loves to be on. Outlook express is already slated to be drop. I started out using OE and since then I moved on to Outlook because I could not find OE on my computer but I did have outlook installed along with Office pro (I love my school giving me a free copy of it) started using it and I have never look back.

Now it looks a lot like OE to me but outlook is very diffenet. I may conisider looking at it again when it has the abilty to import over all my email, address book and all my custom rules from outlook. (believe me I have quite a few and I dont want to set it up again.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't know what you guys are on that says any version of Outlooks sucks. Be it Express, or any of the Office versions. MAYBE they are not as good as Thunderbird but they sure as hell don't suck.

I do know a older version of Office Outlook sucked, and Express was even better then that version, but hey - People make mistakes.

The thing is since - AT LEAST Outlook 2000 it has been quite kick ass - Especially with the "Rules"

I recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 (whiched I loved, and was scared to leave) to 2003... OMG... The one issue I had with 2000 was the lack of junk mail control. 2003 delt with that issue quite well (and just in time with people using my email address and all the bounced emails).

The thing is it also deals with the with dates seperating it by days up to a week, then by weeks... So what? Ya... That's what I thought at first... It even annoyed me a little... But trust me when I say... Don't touch it if you plan on leaving that feature later.... YOU WILL MISS IT.

The only thing I don't like is it seems to be a bit slower (then 2000) with the speed it takes to download email (which is kinda odd - It may be I have not been fair with the additional 3 email accounts I have added).

So ya... I don't know how a free client can even begin to touch Outlook... Let alone 2003...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i never used outlook, but when a customer uses it, to change the email settings, it goes through a damn wizard, which is gay

outlook express, its ok for 1 email addr, but for many, it totallt blows ass

just because it costs money DOESNT MEAN ITS BETTER THAN THE FREE ONES

look @ windows vx linux, or iis vs apache, etc etc
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I liked outlook express and I mainly used that all last year. This summer after I built my computer I started using Outlook 2003. Personly I think it is a great program. Nortain is my spam contral right now.

What I like it about it a lot over Outlook express is when I minized it it leaves the taskbar and is just on my system try which I have it set to hide since I do like it to check my email every 30 min for me and it shows me a little icon when I get new mail. I know you can do message rules on thurnderbird as well but I have fallen in love with message rules and it is pretty rare for an email from one person to get into my inbox more than onces.

Normaly I have them deverted off to one of my folders and rarely ever do then not fall into one of catigories. It does it all automatily for me. I also like how it date spitting and you can semi force them to threading (not like I really ever use that funition I perfer date).

I am willing to really considering using thunderbird more heaviely when I could just import all my emails and message rules over to it. That when I switch over to firefox was when I could import over all my IE stuff all at one time. Since I started using firefox I will never go back to IE. As for thurnderbird I give it a lot less hope of switching me off of outlook since outlook can do so much. (I showed my dad some of the tricks in outlook and he like it quite a bit dealing with his work emails. Made it a lot easier having emails from the family pulled out of all the other so he would not miss them.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Rob get over your self...

First of all I never said that a pay product is always better then a free one...

Second of all... GET THE HELL OVER YOUR SELF. Your really starting to piss me off with this "I'm always right, and god of the world" attitude you got going.

Cool it.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

outlook express costs money??
i think not... i got office 2003 for free
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

anthony, i am always right, its about damn time you noticed

nathan, thats illegal
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

i always thought the stuff i find on mldonkey and irc are shareware...
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

not always
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182