DOOM 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

rjanes01

DOOM 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by rjanes01 »

ok, so when i heard about ID software coming out with the newest version of doom, i flipped! when i saw pictues, i absolutely flipped!!! so for 2+ years now ive been patiently waiting for this game (downloading clips, trailers, beta demos, leaked this and that) ...and now ...finally ...its out!!!!! and let me tell you ...it is the scariest goda%@m game ive ever played in my entire life, its everything they said it would be. Its dark, creepy, and it will scare the SHI@ out of you!!!!!!! my suggestion, play it with ear phones, and in the dark ....wow!! i picked it up on the 2nd, 2 days before it even went out on shelves, Gamestop(formerly funcoland) had it early evening so i was there!! it is worth every penny ..all 5,400 of them! ;);)
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i played doom3 against my boss, i lost 10 to -5. but i never played any doom game before. that and, im using a p3 1 GHz, 1 GB pc133 ram, and a GeForce2mx 400. yea, everything low, off, 640x480, it lagged like hell. ill try it out @ my home pc later on
rjanes01

Post by rjanes01 »

oh itsd definitely hardware intense man ..i have a p4 3ghz and a geforece ti 4200 and 256ddr 3200 ...and it lags at 1024x768 at high quality, i can only imagine what it looks like with everyhting on ...holy god, im pretty far in the game, its getting a bit more evil and intense as i go ...like demonic stuff goin on around, really wierd, scary as hell though i love it!!! cant you tell by all the !!!!! haha
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i got a 3.4 GHz p4, 2 gigs ddr400, and a fx5950. wonder if i can run on ultra mode without a 512 MB graphics card?
rjanes01

Post by rjanes01 »

are you kidding! youll be able to run this no problem man! with everything enabled, at high resolutions too ..dont know about 1600x1200 but 1280x1024 should be no problem! ...the fx5950's are made for this game ...and wait? there are 512mb video cards?!!??!
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

no, 512 is what everyone keeps saying you need to run ultramode or something. the "next generation" cards.

im sure there are 512 MB cards, but theyre not made for games, more like, graphic designing, probably costs thousands of dollars
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

rjanes01 wrote:are you kidding! youll be able to run this no problem man!
there are very few people that can run D3 with 'no problem' ;)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
rjanes01

Post by rjanes01 »

oh yea i know ..you have to have some pretty decent hardware ..but most shouldnt have trouble, especially at low resolutions ...most should people shouldnt have trouble at low res's ..but honestly, this game is actually worth upgrading your pc for ...ive never seen a game look this real ..or if anything just wait for the xbox version in october ;) ...(youd probably spend less on a new xbox and the game, than you would a new motherboard/cpu combo, video card, and memory!)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The XBox version won't touch the PC version... I doubt even the XBox 2 - The PS3 - or Nintendo's next system... Could touch the current PC version...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
rjanes01

Post by rjanes01 »

oh i totally agree!! the graphics wont be even close, ive seen some screens and they look pretty choppy and jagged, i also read that doom 3 will be pushing the xbox to its absolute limits! so thats not saying much for xbox ...and plus pc video cards cpu's are getting faster and better and better! (and more expensive but hey!) so yea, consoles are FAR from coming near pc technology :)
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

mmmm.... xeon dual processor... if i had one of those, im sure that would be 'no problem' with the cpu speed. hehehe, and one of those 30" apple cinema displays... woaaa..... thats some good stuff...

btw, anyone know of the best video card i can get for $150-$200. i bought a nvidia geforce fx 5700 le last week and iv been having glitches, i tried tech support but it was ringing for 40 min and my cordless phone batteries died.
anyways i know i probably should have started a thread for this but since we're talking about computer parts i thoguht id throw this in. i just want an opinion on what you guys have had the least trouble with.
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I think the ati 9800s are doing pretty well. I know the nividia chipsets are doing better with the game because it is code with openGL and nividia rules at openGL.

I am running the game pretty will with my ATI 9600XT AiW. The graphic rule that much I can tell you. Also nice part about an LCD is you can get away with a slight lower FPS but not by much
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

i was thinking of going for an ati instead, but im wondering why im getting these freakin glitches, i mean, its a decent video card isnt it? it cost $160 i thought it would be a great card, oh well, i might try the ati next
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

have you gotten the most updated drivers from nvidai. The one on the microsoft updater are about a year out of date
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i ran doom3 today. my sys spex are as follows:
[Sat 8:57:51 pm] (@Robpol86) [CPU] 2-Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.40GHz, 3408MHz, 512KB (0% Load) @ 33°C .:. [RAM] usage: 1154/2048MB (56.35%) .:. [GFX] WinFast A380 Ultra, [Display] 1280x1024/32bit/60Hz
[Sat 8:57:51 pm] (@Robpol86) [OS] Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1 (5.1 - 2600), [installed for] 16w 4h 52m, [uptime] 2d 21h 13m 57s .:. [HDDs] 109GB/381GB(28.6%) free
(got that from some irc script, too lazy to type it out. btw its an fx5950 256 MB card)

on Ultra Mode, 1280x1024, everything on and high, 16x aa, it skipped like hell. and it was running out of video ram. some things wouldnt render.

so now i play on ultramode, 4x aa, everything high and on, 1024x768 and it runs nicly. around 50fps or something

why do i tell you people this? i dont know