Bush Won !

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Who the hell am I or any of the other x% of males in high goverment positions to decide what a woman can and can't do with their body?

Congress/The President/Everyone else shouldn't be making laws on this. Aside from the fact there is a super high ratio of guys to girls... How many of the girls have ever had a baby?

I can't make up my mind on the issue for the above reason, but when these kind of laws are passed... They should exclude all males, and any female that has never had a baby... Maybe allow doctors indiffrently if they have experience with this junk...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
stl08
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by stl08 »

greydaze wrote:I've actually had time to think about what I wanted to say about the abortion thing and am finally going to post it.

As far as being a human, that depends on the person's outlook. Some people perceive the fetus to be a person as soon as s/he is conceived. Others do not perceive the fetus to be a person until the moment of birth. ANd still others perceive the fetus as a huyman at different points during the pregnancy.

As far as abortion itself, I think a person does have a right to choose... but mostly if it will be a matter of life or death or other serious medical reasons to either the mother or child, or both. I also think a person should be allowed to abort if she became pregnant due to a rape, molestation, or any type of sexual crime. If an expectant mother chooses to abort just because she does not want or is not ready to have a child, that is that person's choice... although I will not necessarily agree with it. I wouldn't treat the person any differently than I would someone who gave up a child for adoption instead of aborting it. Just because they choose to do something that you may not agree with does not mean that they are any less human than you are.

Would you consider someone who lost a child during pregnancy because they weren't taking care of themselves the way they should have (not enough nutriotion, drinking heavily, doing drugs, etc. a murder? Just a thought.

I myself wouldn't abort, unless it could cause serious medical issues, more serious than the one that came up during this pregnancy. I'm not saying its alright for people to go out, have unprotected sex and not live with the results of their actions. I'm just saying that people have their reasons for doing what they do. I'm just saying take into consideration that a person's actions may not always be because of what YOU think they are.

For example, I was doing a search on induced labor and came across a message board where people were talking about it. One person on there seemed to be saying that there is no good reason to induce labor because she felt that everyone was doing so just because they were tired of being pregnant. This upset me right away, only because I am being induced for medical reasons related to my pregnancy. Yes, I'm tired of being pregnant (although I don't look it at all for being so close to delivery) and am ready for my little girl to be here, but I wouldn't be inducing if the doctor didn't deem it was necessary as I am not even past my due date. I'm just using that as an example that the reasons behind a person's actions may not always be what they seem.

Everyone is free to feel, think, do what they want. That's part of being human. But, I don't feel its right just to condemn a person based on their belief even if I do not agree with it. That difference is what makes us unique and I'd rather be unique than be exactly like everyone else.
and this, my friend, is where morality takes place.

so molestation, rape, and other sexually abusing things are out there. obviously, (not that i am any christian :wink:) God wanted it to take place. God has a plan for all of us, whether we are a rape baby or a wanted baby. God wanted the baby to be on the earth for a reason. People are cancelling out over 2 million of God's ideas each day because either a) they didn't want it because they got raped, b) they didn't want it because they didn't want it, or c) medical reasons. for c, that is another issue of God. let God take his course and do what he wants. if he wants the woman to die along with the child, so be it. sad as it may sound, that is what needs to happen.

however, i do agree with you that we all need our rights of choice. if a woman wants to get an abortion, that is her choice. the one thing that i just can't stand about the abortion situation in this world is that (hear me the f' out) the child, fetus, microscopic cell, baby, what ever you wish to call it, has life at moment of conception, not birth. the baby doesn't get it's rights only after it comes out the mother. it always has them. we can't violate over 2 million people's rights every day, now can we?

-note- not finished my novel on abortion, my sister needs the computer
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

How many free iPod popups does it take to piss YOU off?

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13460197
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

no, God doesn't want people to rape others. God gave us a brain, and with that brain Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. eating the fruit gave us the ability to discriminate between good and evil. God gave us free will. yes God has a plan for each of us, and that plan includes our free will. in the end, God knows the outcome of our "free will"
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

And in other news there are Democrats who are still trying to make people believe the election was fixed...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
stl08
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by stl08 »

:lol: a fixed election.. wow
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

How many free iPod popups does it take to piss YOU off?

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13460197