Turn off autoclear?

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

kub

Turn off autoclear?

Post by kub »

can I turn off the autoclear thing in AIM+? sometimes I like to actually save a whole conversation to html with aim instead of aim+, and aim+ keeps clearing my scrollback when it gets to a certain size so I can't do it...
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Unfortunately, no, you cannot turn off the autoclear unless you turn off AIM+ history logging all together. Autoclear helps ensure that your entire conversation will be saved without gaps, so to remove it would cause more harm than good :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
kub

Post by kub »

so I guess a workaround would be to have history off, and then turn it on as I'm about to close a window, and it'll dump the entire contents to my log, right? =)
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

No, this will not work the way you described. The clearing functionality really is necessary to keep an accurate history, I promise that I did not do it just for my own amusement.. :)

If you want to save your conversation with AIM's File|Save.. , you can turn off logging, and you will not get those messages or have to clear your window. But, if you turn logging on while you already have a very large chat window open, it will not record all of it.
-Ryan
Big-O Software