Sound Toggle HotKey

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Sound Toggle HotKey

Post by iSteve530 »

Sound Toggle, I would really love a keyboard shortcut to disable all sounds in AIM, then when using the shortcut again toggle back to the settings I had. AOL made the project of turning of sounds more tedious since they added new dialogs for it. When the sounds are off, I would like all audible alerts to be muted as well. I do not think (not 100% sure) that there is a way to disable these without changing every buddy alert set up. When I am away with disable sound selected, I still hear the alerts.

Of course a nice menu option in the AIM systray would be cool too.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'll have to look into what could be done about this. Doing what AIM does when you're away with disabled sounds wouldn't be too hard (then again, AIM already does that :) ), but I'll have to see what could be done about those buddy alerts..

I know I'd certainly find this pretty handy, too - when watching a movie or listening to an album on my computer I would frequently like everything else to shut up for a while..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

for this reason indeed. I was was busy listening to a good mp3, and a buddy came on that I had an alert for , which came out being VERY loud since my volume was a bit high.
CarpeDiem601
Just Registered
Just Registered

Yes...

Post by CarpeDiem601 »

Yes, please implement this feature!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i have some sounds that plasma made they are just right like a litte pop and everything....they dont mess up the music or anything they arej ust right i can send them to you if you want just im me on hail tone
tone