edit uptime ?

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

uptimemaster

edit uptime ?

Post by uptimemaster »

i think having a little uptime "option" are nice up time 2 years - for fun.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

If you're the uptime master, wouldn't an uptime editor make everyone masters of uptime? Everyone would then have the option to have insanely long "online times" ... no more challenge!
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

What about those of us who get disconnected like every 10 minutes? We want insanely long uptimes too!
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

Anonymous wrote:What about those of us who get disconnected like every 10 minutes? We want insanely long uptimes too!
lol, *pets his DSL modem, router, and 15 minute UPS* :P

But really, is this possible? I think you can do it on the toc server, but I'm not sure about the login server. I'm friends with the developer of tik, so if you need any info I can probably get it for you, maybe it applies to both servers.

Post by Guest »

(Same "Guest" as before)

There's nothing wrong with my cable modem, router, hub, wireless gateway, or 90 minute UPS. (I'm obsessed w/computers...can you tell?) I just get disconnected all the time. It's really annoying. I can stay connected to ICQ or MSN forever, but AIM seems to hate me.
navi
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by navi »

hmm.. every once in a while i'll get disconnected from AIM and can't get back on for a minute or so. everything else works fine. i guess they (or someone else) are constantly doing stuff to their servers. *shrug*
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

Guest, whoever you are, why don't you register a nick? Anyways, I normally don't try go to off topic but there isn't another way to contact you. Tell me what kind of router you have, I might be able to help you with some of those disconnect problems. That used to happen to me and now I can just stay on just about forever (or until I try to plug something into the back of my case and accidentally flip the power switch after 7 months of uptime *grr*). I've taken 4 Cisco router classes, so I know a thing or two about this kinda stuff :) I use a linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router/4 port switch, and used to own the non-wireless version, the BEFSR41. Tell me what kind you have and I'll see how I can help.