Bad Interactions with AIM+ and Java2 1.4

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Peter

Bad Interactions with AIM+ and Java2 1.4

Post by Peter »

windows2000, AIM 4.7.2480
two separate machines, same setup...
When running java2 runtime envt v1.4 with IE6.0 AIM+ transparency gets tied to actions in the browser....a java refresh will force all AIM windows with transparence to flicker with the refresh. When there are transparent windows open, they freeze with the browser running java.
To duplicate open a page that uses java, and watch as your transparent AIM+ windows react with the page.
Maraklov
Addict
Addict

Post by Maraklov »

this happens whenever you use microsoft's alpha blending (transparency) and java 1.4, to my knowledge. it's not only related to aim+.
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." Arthur C. Clarke
Luke++

Post by Luke++ »

This happens also w/ the 1.3._ series too
(1.4 is kind weak)
-Luke
Matt

Post by Matt »

any possible solutions to this problem? i know its not only aim+...but rather a windows problem with transparancy...should I just not use sun java?
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Yea I get a similar problem too. I always thought it was because of QuickTime..but I guess not.. :roll: It happened with any transparent window actually.

I had a program called Glass2k that I used for setting transparency, and I had my Office Shortcut Bar set at 50% transparent, and whenever I was loading QT movies, the bar would go apesh*t on me, flickering and what-not. I always thought it was a problem with QuickTime..but maybe I was wrong..