Can you remove the AIM+ pull down menu?

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

dbassman
Just Registered
Just Registered

Can you remove the AIM+ pull down menu?

Post by dbassman »

Is it possible to remove the AIM+ pull down menu from the chat window? I want to use this to spy on my kids & don't want them to know there's a History. :D
The Worst Day Fishing
is still better than
The Best Day At Work!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Well, this isn't the first time that I've been asked about, but I think it's the first time it's been mentioned on the forums. So I moved it from General -> Feature Requests.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
GigaRoc
Addict
Addict

Post by GigaRoc »

I looked around in some of the Dll's but i couldn't find that menu to remove. Mabey the Big-O guys could point me in the right directon
then all you would have to do is have to copys of that Dll and when your kids are on. have the modified one then when you want to view it just replace the dll with the origanal. I'm so devious.

on the other hand you should not be spying on your kids. :-D
SAVE ME GOD - disturbed
eGod
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by eGod »

Give your kids some freedom, dont spy on them, but if worse comes to worse just use a keylogger. But DONT SPY ON YOUR KIDS THAT IS SOOO HORRIBLE.
SN: Seniors
xXMaximumBassXx

Post by xXMaximumBassXx »

yea... hes right ^^^. definatly do not spy on your kids... ever. you should develop a close enough relationship with them that they will tell you everything thats going on in their lives if you just TALK TO THEM. dont spy on your kids... go find them right now, sit down with them, and talk... about everything thats going on in their lives. this resolves many problems... you dont have to edit the dlls to remove the menu... and they grow up leading happier, nicer lives. thank you in advance from them.
AIM+ user

Post by AIM+ user »

blah blah blah...

Whatever.. I think it'd be a very useful option.
Please consider including it in the next release.
alexus

Re: Can you remove the AIM+ pull down menu?

Post by alexus »

dbassman wrote:Is it possible to remove the AIM+ pull down menu from the chat window? I want to use this to spy on my kids & don't want them to know there's a History. :D

try new version of aim+ it removes everything :)
dbassman
Just Registered
Just Registered

Not Everything

Post by dbassman »

The new version does not allow you to remove this... I hope the next ver. will though!

I don't need anymore lectures about how it's not nice to spy on your kids. No matter how good of the relationship you have with your kids, they're still going to do things you don't want them to do. This includes talking to people you don't want them talking to, and the best way to keep track of who they're talking to and what they're saying is to keep a history that they don't know about. I want to do this because I love my kids & don't want them getting in trouble or getting kidnapped by some pervert out on the Internet.

Maybe those of you who are telling me not to spy on my kids should consider this is well. Leaving your kid unsupervised on the Internet is the same as leaving your kid unsupervised in the middle of Big City, USA at midnight.

Just something to think about!
The Worst Day Fishing
is still better than
The Best Day At Work!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

You won't really be able to have AIM+ be functional and invisible right now..

But I will probably create a solution for those who need this, soon.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Topwbmstr

Post by Topwbmstr »

in response to the DONT SPY ON YOUR KIDS posts... i agree that kids need their privacy, however many kids have disapeared and been killed raped etc because of a wierdos or perv that prey on vulnerable or nieve kids, so i think if a parent wants to be sure their kids are safe this would not be a bad idea.

but to see what your children are talking about to their friends would be an invasion of privacy IMHO.

my 2 cents