hkSFV and Windows 7

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Marty
Just Registered
Just Registered

hkSFV and Windows 7

Post by Marty »

Been using this program for years and have recently switched from Windows XP to Windows 7

The progam appears to work, however Windows Explorer integration (right-click -> hkSFV -> create) is no longer functional

How do I fix this?
GSI2
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: hkSFV and Windows 7

Post by GSI2 »

I have exactly the same problem and I used for years also love it really don't like any other.
Anybody knows how to fix this?

Tanks
Marty
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Marty »

I'm now using QuickSFV which is similar and has functional Windows integration

http://www.quicksfv.org/download.html
kisme
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by kisme »

Been using this program for years and have recently switched from Windows XP to Windows 7

The progam appears to work, however Windows Explorer integration (right-click -> hkSFV -> create) is no longer functional

How do I fix this?
I Like To Know To

Can I Use File menu tools To add it back in to my right menu & If So What path Do i Use For sfv & md5 :roll:
Sorry For Any Spelling err's
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Marty wrote: The progam appears to work, however Windows Explorer integration (right-click -> hkSFV -> create) is no longer functional
Forcing hkSFV to run in compatibility mode seems to fix this, but it will also cause the UAC Prompt to appear each time you launch hkSFV.

If you'd like to try this workaround, there are instructions here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/31 ... -mode.html

The file you need to modify is called hkSFV.exe, and is located in the folder C:\Program Files\hkSFV (unless you selected a different folder when installing hkSFV). Select the "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" compatibility mode setting.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
kisme
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by kisme »

i can you the hksfv on win 7 with out useing Compatibility Mode.
(i all so try it in compatibility mode withh xp sp3 ) but did not get right-click -> hkSFV -> create sfv or md5.
but not the (right-click -> hkSFV -> create) is no longer functional

So here is what i am thinking as a temp fix use file menu tools soft its free to add a right click sfv command & md5 command line
all i need is the command line path for create sfv & md5 then i can use file menu tools plz.

thank for you time sorry for any spelling err :-?