How do I use the History Viewer?

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

How do I use the History Viewer?

Post by Guest »

I cannot figure out how to read my old conversations... :-? When I double-click on the History Viewer Icon, it comes up but there is no names, or anything in the window...Can you help me get or find out what Im doin wrong or how I can get the names there???
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

AIM+ History Viewer

AIM+ includes an integrated history browswer to view your AIM+ history logs. There are four ways to open the History Viewer. First, you can run the "AIM+ History Viewer" shortcut in your Start Menu. Second, you can click on the + menu on the buddy list window and choose "AIM+ History." Third, you can click on the AIM icon in the title bar of the buddy list window and choose "AIM+ Clone." Finally, you can open the AIM+ dropdown menu from any IM window and choose "History."

The "User" box in the History Viewer allows you to select which screenname's history files you would like to view. The "Buddy" box allows you to choose which buddy's chats you would like to view. The final box on the left lists all of the dates you have had chats with your buddy, from earliest at the top to the most recent at the bottom. By default, the History Viewer will automatically have the most recent chat history with your buddy displayed. The "Total History Size" will display how many megabytes of hard disk space your history files currently consume.
If absolutely nothing is in the dropdown menus in the history viewer, make sure that you have IM/Chat History enabled in AIM+ Preferences.

Also, check in the preferences what directory your IM/Chat history is being saved to ( usually C:\Program Files\AIM+\History\ ). You should have directories for your own screennames and subdirectories in each of those for your buddies' names, so long as IM/Chat history is enabled.
-Mark
Big-O Software