Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

alimaui

Post by alimaui »

With bare Aim, I was able to manually edit the notepad version of my profile. This allowed me to have a profile with no character limits. However it seems now when I edit my profile this way the changes are not recognized by aim+????

Ali
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

If you edit your profile in this manner, you always have to sign off and sign back on for AIM to recognize the changes.

AIM+ really shouldn't affect this at all...
-Ryan
Big-O Software
mclarke

more aim problems..

Post by mclarke »

aim+ seems to be making my profile cut itself short... it will go for the first couple of lines then cut it off.. any suggestions?
SeKtOr
Just Registered
Just Registered

grr

Post by SeKtOr »

I'm using AIM+ (Ad-Removal, Logging, Transparency, and Cloning [Multiple Instances of AIM]!)
after i uninstalled AIM+, i still have this in my profile. I goto edit profile and its not there, then i check my own aim profile and its not there. It disapears then reapears. Any Soulutions?

also whats the file name to open ur pro in notepad. I wanna make no limit also. Can u give me the file name plz?
Matt

Post by Matt »

SeKtOr wrote: also whats the file name to open ur pro in notepad. I wanna make no limit also. Can u give me the file name plz?
your info is located in a htm file named 'info.htm'. The info can be placed in two different places. One in C:\Program Files\aim95\info.htm (mines not there, but someone elses is) and the other is C:\Windows\aim95\'your user name'\info.htm (this is where mine is...i have xp home).

it could also vary depending if you installed aim in a different folder.
just do a search for 'info.htm' and you should find it

also, im not positive that this solution allows you to have no limit...i think it depends on what aim version you have...(if you have an older version of aim, then it will prolly work...it doesn't work for me and im using aim 4.8.)

EDIT: when i had aim 'aim4.8' with a ) at the end, it gave me this: aim4.8) LoL (the 8 with the ) makes 8))
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
SeKtOr
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by SeKtOr »

[this phrase is my way of saying STOP BIT**ING and DO IT]
{I like to say it to people who want to complain ALL THE TIME}
/If you can read this...you have really good eyesight!\
yea im not bitching, and yes i have good eyesight
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

KooLTaB101 wrote:your info is located in a htm file named 'info.htm'. The info can be placed in two different places. One in C:\Program Files\aim95\info.htm (mines not there, but someone elses is) and the other is C:\Windows\aim95\'your user name'\info.htm (this is where mine is...i have xp home).
It may also be located in C:\Documents and Settings\[windows user name]\Application Data\Aim\[AIM username]\info.htm. I have XP Pro and that is where mine is located.
Matt

Post by Matt »

SeKtOr wrote:
[this phrase is my way of saying STOP BIT**ING and DO IT]
{I like to say it to people who want to complain ALL THE TIME}
/If you can read this...you have really good eyesight!\
yea im not bitching, and yes i have good eyesight
i was not refering to you...its just in my signature and whenever i post something, its there.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Matt

Post by Matt »

Michael wrote:
KooLTaB101 wrote:your info is located in a htm file named 'info.htm'. The info can be placed in two different places. One in C:\Program Files\aim95\info.htm (mines not there, but someone elses is) and the other is C:\Windows\aim95\'your user name'\info.htm (this is where mine is...i have xp home).
It may also be located in C:\Documents and Settings\[windows user name]\Application Data\Aim\[AIM username]\info.htm. I have XP Pro and that is where mine is located.
Thats interesting to note. Thanks
-Matt