Failed trying to Clone AIM (create directery failed)

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

TD Heero Yuy

Failed trying to Clone AIM (create directery failed)

Post by TD Heero Yuy »

i need help with AIM+! everytime i start it up it says "Failed trying to Clone AIM (create directery failed). This usually means you are out of disk space on the drive where AIM is installed."

And yet i have over 17gigs of space left! If anyone can help me, please IM me at TD Heero Yuy! Thanx! Payce out! :sad:
rapta-

Same problem

Post by rapta- »

I have experienced this problem as well and have plenty of free disk space.
TJattheMaxx
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by TJattheMaxx »

how do we fix this? :-?
kcies13
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by kcies13 »

Same exact problem despite having 9.32 gigs worth of free space.

Win XP Pro

Running newest version of AIM and AIM +.

However, scandisk was run because PC was shut down bad, and many AIM files were "truncated" or something or another. Also, cache files were also deleted in that scandisk, saying they were "corrupt".

No idea if any of that helps, and I've also tried reinstalling AIM and AIM+, but nothing works. I do not have another partition on this PC so I can't reinstall AIM+ in a different partition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I use the clone feature very often.

THanks
fieldhckychic07
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by fieldhckychic07 »

i have had aim+ before and my brother took it off to fix stuff on our computer and now i want to put it back on but everytime i try to use aim+ it says that the disk space where it was downloaded is full but i know its not. what can i do to fix this? please help i need to take to my friends again!
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

Try running scandisk to see if you have any bad sectors on your hard drive. If you are running Windows XP or 2000, try disabling drive indexing.
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

make sure thw aim+ directories arent write-protected
mafiafromrussia

Post by mafiafromrussia »

damn had to register just to say this

try completely un installing your aim, and then installing it to different directory. that worked fine for me. plus after all if nothing works u can always format and i'm sure it'll work then :)
candikissz26
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by candikissz26 »

i was using the aim clone all the time n then all of a sudden it started sending me that message. i had uninstalled it n installed it at least 25 times under different directories n nothin works. I talked with some1 n they suggested have the file not be under driver C:..but I dont know how that is possible...this aim thingy sux now

peace[size=9][/size]
*P*
candikissz26
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by candikissz26 »

here is some information they want us 2 put in:
windows xp professional
okay i installed the file under~C:aim+
once done installing i opened the file and i got the usual foler with preference-like options i did them 2 what i wantd n then i pressd ok n then it sent me the message failed to clone aim this usually means not enough free disk space blahblah..plz help me
*P*
meniscus
Just Registered
Just Registered

answer

Post by meniscus »

login with administrator rights and give your account complete control to either the aim95 and aim+ directories (or both) you should also put the history folder in a directory where you have write privilages. let me know if it works